Interesting things during the East Coast trip


Each year, thousands of people throughout all over the world visit Boston or Washington D.C for sightseeing. I went on a trip as a past of learning American history and culture to East Coast on Apr 3rd to 8th with Mukogawa students of G5. There are a lot of points of interest in Boston and Washington D.C, including Beacon Hill, Orchard House was the home of Louisa May Alcott, The White House, Mount Vernon, The Jefferson Memorial and stuff like that. Boston has wonderful cityscape and Washington D.C has historical sightseeing spots. More over, both of two have magnificent sceneries. Out of all these, I was amazed of three interesting things during East Coast Trip.

First, I am quite impressed by cherry blossoms in Washington D.C. The reason why I did not know there were cherry trees in Washington D.C and I thought I can see cherry trees only in Japan. The street around The White House is adorned with cherry blossoms in full bloom, so I took photos of cherry blossoms to send my family when I visited The White House. My family also was surprised that there were cherry blossoms in America. People who visited The White House, including me enjoyed viewing them. All of cherry blossoms I saw fascinated me.

 
Second, I fairy enjoyed eating local gourmet which were lobster roll and clam chowder and saw someone performed very well with a musical instrument at Quincy Market. The melody made its atmosphere better. The most thing I looked forward to before coming the market is eating food, so I was happy when I found lobster roll and clam chowder. These are the most delicious lobster roll and clam chowder I have ever had. We waited in line to eat them and realized these food are quite famous among people from all over the world. Beside us, a lot of people came to Quincy Market to enjoy eating them. All of my friends who ate lobster roll and clam chowder were satisfied with incredible taste. I really enjoyed country-specific scenery and food to the fullest.

Third, I am in love with The Smithsonian Institution. I watched the movie is called the night at the museum before coming there, because I knew The Smithsonian Institution was the stage of the movie. I was surprised I realized the museum was so spectacular in person. There are nine museums at the Smithsonian, including Air and space, American History, Natural History and so on. I did not have time to see everything at the Smithsonian, so I visited to only two museums. If I had more time, I would visit others. However, I really enjoyed it because I took my time to see only two one. If you have a chance to visit them, I recommend you should decide to which one to visit before coming The Smithsonian Museum.

In short, the three things I have mentioned above, cherry blossom, Quincy Market and The Smithsonian Museum, made me so excited. I had a great time to see something I have never seen. I thought the places which I visited were just famous or wonderful before visiting them. However, after I have a lot of experienced to see and feel, I noticed they were not only famous and wonderful, but inspired to me to learn American history more and the best way to learn history was to see them in person.

Comments