Inspiring Experience

I went to East Coast Trip from April 5 to April 10 with my dorm members, teachers, guides and so on. I went there to study American history. I had been looking forward to the trip for a long time. I visited Boston and Washington D.C. by airplane and train. There were different places compared with Spokane. It was a new experience for me, so I was very excited about the East coast trip. Though I liked most places where I went, I especially liked three places.

First is Quincy Market. I had wanted to eat Lobster Roll, so I was looking forward to going there. when I arrived there, I was very excited for vibrant market. There were many people such as busking on the street, family, friends, couple and traveler, and so many shops. We went to Lobster Roll shop before anyone else. It was a little expensive, but it was so delicious. I shared it with my friend. Next, I went to souvenir shops. There were not so many souvenir shops, but I was able to buy good souvenirs for my family and my friends, such as cute magnets and chocolate. Also, I enjoyed looking people who were busking on the street. There were many kinds of performances, such as playing instrument and doing dangerous things. I liked the atmosphere. I experienced a difference between Japan and America. The difference is that Quincy Market has both clothes shop and food shop, but Japanese market focus on selling foods.

Second is Orchard House. I had been looking forward to going there since I finished reading the Little Women, because I like the story. Also when I watched the movie, I felt that the house had a nice atmosphere. There were many sweetie rooms in Orchard House. Also, I was very surprised at pictures which were drawn by Amy. I knew that she was good at drawing, but it defied my imagination. The most surprising thing was that Laurie didn’t exist. I thought Laurie was very important character in the little women, so I was a little sad. However, I was very happy to feel the atmosphere of the house and see real goods. This experience made me want to go to more filming locations.

Finally, the most exciting place was Smithsonian Institution. It was because I liked the movie of Night Museum, so I had been looking forward to going there. I was surprised that we didn’t need admission fee. I heard there were nine museums in Smithsonian Institution before going there, so I planed how to look around with my friends. We wanted to look the big bone of dinosaur. Thus we decided to go to the museum of Natural History. There were many places which were filmed on Night Museum, so I was very excited. Also we went to other two museums, such as Air and Space Museum and American History. All of them were very good. However, I wanted to go to Art Museum, but we didn’t have time to look around there. Therefore, we was able to go to only souvenir shop in Art Museum. The souvenir shop was the best for me, so I wanted much more time. I want to visit Smithsonian Institution one more time. 

To conclude, Washington D.C. and Boston had a lot of amazing places, so I was very excited. In addition to the above, I also went to places where I felt various history. There were not only tourists but also people who had serious eyes. Through this trip, I experienced a lot of feeling, such as venerableness, exciting, freshness, emotion and frustration of my low English level. Therefore, I want to go to there which I previously stated again after improving my English skill someday.

Comments