Amazing Trip

I enjoyed by Seattle trip from March 11 to 13. They were fabulous. There are three delightful things that were especially pleasurable to me.

Joyful Safeco Field
First of all, the most joyful thing for me was shopping. On Friday, I went to Safeco Field. It is the home of the Seattle Mariner's Baseball team. Ichiro Suzuki is member of the Seattle Mariners. I liked the shopping at the souvenir shop at the stadium. My father likes Mariners very much and my mother likes Ichiro. I bought a Mariners T-shirt for my father, a Mariners sweat shirt for my sister and a T-shirt of Ichiro's uniform for my mother. I'm looking forward to giving souvenirs to my family. On Saturday, I went to the original Starbucks store at Pike Place Market. It was very crowded with a lot of students so I had a difficult time buying two tumblers. One of tumblers is for my best friend and the other is for me. I'm going to use it at MFWI. Then I went to Pike Place Market which is vibrant. There are a lot of fresh vegetables, fruits, fish, crafts and various goods. It looks like Japanese ichiba which is a market. Also, there were a lot of people. I saw many street performers. For example, a man sung his original songs, a man composed poems and a man did balloon art. Next I went to downtown Seattle. I had three hours for shopping there so I run from the shop to shop. I bought a lot of clothes, shoes, accessories and more. My favorite item is a iPhone cover made by Marc by Marc Jacobs. I will cherish it. I was full of happiness to enjoyable shopping in Seattle.

Second, eating was very satisfied to me. On Friday night, in the University District, I ate yakiudon which is a kind of Japanese food. It was great. On Saturday, I ate breakfast in the hotel. The muffins were delicious. I wanted to bring these back to Spokane. At the noon, I had a box lunch on the bus. It was sandwich with avocado, ham and cheese. I liked it. At that night, I dressed up with my friends and I enjoyed dinner while cruising on one of the Argosy ships. It was very gorgeous. The meal was bread, salmon, beef, salad, fruit and cake. I especially liked bread which was marvelous. The beautiful night view of Seattle was splendid. When I walked around on the deck, it was windy and cold. On Sunday, I went to Space Needle to eat brunch. I was looking forward to going there because I heard in American studies class that it is symbol of Seattle. It was buffet style and they had a lot of fruit, bread, potatoes, eggs and sausage. Everything tasted wonderfully. Also the view of Seattle area was excellent but this day was cloudy. I want to see the view of sunny day. Then I bought some post cards. I'm going to send a letter to my family. I was fortune that I ate delicious food in Seattle.

Beautiful Chihuly Bridge of Glass
Third, a particular thing for me was going to historical places. On Friday, I went to the Burke Museum which is located on the magnificent campus of the University of Washington. The museum guide ushered us. Her name is Hildegord Hendrickson. She is a German but her English is very nice. I listened to her information well. There was collection of Native American arts. I could learn about natural history and culture of America. On Saturday, I visited the Washington State History Museum and the Chihuly Bridge of Glass. Washington State History Museum was interesting to me. I learned a lot of things. Chihuly Bridge of Glass was fantastic. I had never seen such a thing. Next I visited Olympia. It is the state capitol. There are a lot of awesome chandeliers which were designed by Tiffany. One of the chandeliers has 202 light bulbs. I was very surprised. On Sunday, I went to Klondike Gold Rush Museum. Gold hunters were called prospectors. I collected stamps about gold rush. These museums were easy to understand because I studied these things in American studies class before the Seattle trip. My favorite place is the Capitol Building. I saw the office of the Governor which we usually cannot see. I learned many awesome things about there.

I had an enjoyable time in Seattle and it will be my superb memory.

Comments