More Amazing Than Expected

The event that I was looking forward to the most during my stay in the U.S. has finally ended. Compared to before and after going on the trip to the east coast, I found it was very good way to learn history by experiencing and visiting different places. I also thought it would be much more fun because I studied a lot about the places I would visit before going on the trip. Anyway, to come to the point, I really enjoyed the trip. Some of them were as wonderful as I imagined, and the others were greater than I anticipated. There were many places and things I’ve never experienced before. This essay focuses on the three places I especially enjoyed; Orchard House, Lincoln Memorial, and Smithsonian Museum.

First, I really enjoyed visiting Orchard House and there are several reasons to support the idea. The main reason is that I love the book Little Women very much. I’d already watched the movie three times in Japan and it was also fun to read the book. Therefore, I longed to visit Orchard House. I was also interested in how Louisa May Alcott lived, and it was a great opportunity to get a lot of information about her and her family. At last, I bought an adorable post-it and a book, Little Men. They will be great memories of my visit. It was a phenomenal chance to interact with deep side of literature, and it became the best place I’ve ever visited in Boston.

The second thing I was attracted to was Lincoln Memorial. The statue was marvelous and much bigger than I thought. Not only the statue but also the view from Lincoln Memorial was awesome and beautiful. When I thought the many historical changes which happened, I became so impressed and I had goosebumps. The tour guide told us that Lincoln had never gone to school in his entire life which surprised me a lot. However, he really loved reading, so I understood the importance of gaining a lot of knowledge. Learning about his historical background, I now understand why he is respected and loved by many people. I am also one of the people who has been inspired by him. It was nicer than I imagined, so that’s why I really like Lincoln Memorial.

Lastly, Smithsonian Museum was one of the most amazing places to me in Washington D.C. I went to the Natural History Museum at first, and then I went toward to the Air and Space Museum. I was very inspired by the giant bones of dinosaurs and everything was exciting. I also enjoyed looking at aircraft exhibitions, and bought some space foods for souvenirs. They were all spectacular but the only thing I regret is the time. I wish I could have stayed there longer and walked around all of the museums. However, it was a great opportunity to visit the largest museum in the world, Smithsonian Museum, and I decided to go back there again.

Thus, there are three things that especially inspired me; Orchard House, Lincoln Memorial, and Smithsonian Museum. I only chose three, because everything was first time for me and they were all fascinating. I’m so proud of having been there. The things I learned and experienced will definitely help my future and I hope I can go back here again someday.

Comments