Interesting Historical Trip

I went on the East Coast Trip for 6 days from April 3rd to the 8th with TG1 students, a teacher, an adviser and a Japanese travel adviser. We used plane from Spokane to Boston and spend 3days in Boston, and took the train called AMTRAK to go to Washington, D.C. and spend 2 days in Washington, D.C. This is the trip in order to know and understand the histories and study English by speaking and hearing it. Before we went, we learned the histories which are related to East Coast, so I came to be interested in it. Many important events was happened there. And I can know more and review the histories during the trip. I’ll tell you about 3 places which I was really interested in, and it is Plimoth Plantation, Old North Bridge and White house.

Historical Plimoth Plantation
First, I was fascinated in Plimoth Plantation. “Plimoth” is the old spelling of “Plymouth.” Plimoth Plantation is a living history museum. It is a copy of a Pilgrim village from the year 1627, so we can see actors playing the parts of people who lived here long ago. In 1620, a group of 102 people came to the eastern coast of America in the Mayflower because they wanted to be free to follow their religion. These people were called pilgrims and they landed at Plymouth. We studied about this before we went, so the visiting was interested. There are some old houses and in each of house there is an actor, so I asked some people about the life in the 17th century. I felt the house was too small to live in all family members, and there are no light so they used only candles. In addition, I could know that they usually eat corn, turkey, deer and fish and they have animals like chicken. In plimoth plantation, I think the life was not easy but the pilgrims lived there, so they really wanted to be free. Since I could know about the life, I was really interested.

Interesting Old North Bridge
Old North Bridge was also interesting to me. In 1775, the colonists and the King’s soldiers began to fight in Lexington. And then they moved to Concord and at the Old North Bridge they fought again and finally the colonists had won. It is the War of Independence so the Old North Bridge is important place. Therefore, I imagined that it was big bridge. But when I visited, I found it was not so big. I thought why those people fought there and I couldn’t imagine the battle. I was a little confused but it was interesting because of the imbalances between the importance of the War and the size of the Old North Bridge.


Beautiful White House
In addition, White House is stimulating to me. I was really looking forward to it because I wanted to see it just for once. It has been the home of the president of the United State since 1800. Only George Washington who was the first president couldn’t live there. We went to there on the 5th and the weather was so good. Thus I could enjoy the scene of the White House and it was beautiful as I had imagined. In addition, there were some groups who did movements. In Japan, I don’t see movements like this, so it was also interesting and I think it is good to show their own feeling. The White House is American symbol and I felt it, so I was interested.

In conclusion, there were a lot of interesting places. I could know about the life long ago in Plimoth Plantation, I could perceive the War of Independence at the Old North Bridge and I could feel America at the White House. Additionally, through the trip I could be interested in American histories. It was very good experience for me.

Comments