I had a marvelous, unforgettable and exciting time in my East Coast Trip on April 3rd to 8th with three groups of Mukogawa students. I had been waiting and very excited for this since shortly after the Seattle trip. We could visit many historical famous places in both Boston and Washington D.C., such as Plymouth Plantation, Beacon Hill and Lincoln Memorial. One of our teacher told us that this trip is going to be a study trip, so I was a little scared at the beginning. However, I was really satisfied by learning about American history before in American Studies class before we visited so that I could understand more deeply about them. There were a lot of sites where we visited through this trip. Three places definitely became my favorites.
| The Best Lobster Rolls at Quincy Market |
The first thing I liked very much in this trip was the Quincy Market in Boston. I liked this place because I could enjoy both shopping and the food at the same time at the same place. The market seemed very busy even though it was a weekdays. I could tell this market is famous and popular as soon as I got there. First I got a lobster roll at the market which tasted really good was recommended by my friend who were MFWI student last year. It tasted way better than it looked and I expected, I couldn’t leave there until I had that. I’d like to suggest having it to the future students. Even if you don’t like lobster, please try them, I am sure it’s worth trying it. Also some girls and I enjoyed shopping there right after having our lunch because we didn’t want to waste our time for shopping. I guess it’s hard for teenagers to decide how to spend the time there. Quincy Market is the perfect place to enjoy your holiday.
Downtown Boston was also a favorite place of mine. I really liked the atmosphere there, I felt like I was in a different country. Walking down the street with our tour guide, there were many buildings which were based on color brown and that made me feel the history of America. How big the downtown in Boston was reminded me of another big city, Vancouver in Canada. I had realized that I like the historical big city like this. That area of the city looked very calm at daytime, but I was wondering it might be noisy and really fun at night, because I saw quite a lot of bars and pubs. Even though the weather was freezing and cloudy, which was not my favorite, I didn’t even have to care about it. If the weather was warm and sunny, it would be too perfect. Everything about Boston was amazingly pretty to me.
The last but not least of my favorite place, was the Smithsonian Institution’s National Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C.. To be honest, I didn’t expect that much of excitement I could feel there. It is the biggest and spacious museum, plus there were the largest collection of historic aircraft and spacecraft in the world. I have always been interested in airlines company for a long time so that I was too into all the air and space subjects. For someone who like airplanes or something related to that, I’m sure it was a perfect place to visit. People look happy and excited when they face thing that they like the most. Also, I could hear a variety kinds of languages and I could tell there is a popular place with visitors and tourists from all around the world. We only spent an hour there and I wish I could stay longer.
| Huge Spacecraft in the National Air and Space Museum |
| Cool Airline Uniforms |
| Spacious Inside the Cockpit |
Overall, this East Coast Trip gave me an amazing time and great memories. Every time we visited the new places, I’ve learned new things that are worth remembering. I really want to say thank you to all the people I met in this trip, and to my parents for giving me a chance to travel. I would really love to come back to both cities with my family some time in the future.
Comments