Finding Splendour in Seattle
I had been waiting for this trip for so long, and finally from March the 10th to the 12th I visited Seattle with a half of MFWI students for the first time in five years! We went there to learn about its history and to explore the culture. I had expected to go there by aeroplane, but we went there by bus. It took us about five hours, which does not sound fun, but it actually was such a great time seeing a lot of altering topography. Also, in Seattle we got to visit many places. Visiting a lot of sites, I was fascinated by some things through the trip especially at three places; Columbia River, Pike Place Market and Space Needle.
Columbia River was the first site we stopped by and there was a beautiful scenery, which caught my mind. Luckily we had a great sunshine when we arrived there, as soon as we got off the bus, we saw a big sky with a feeling of a fresh air. As we walked toward the cliff where we got to see the Columbia River, we saw the Cascade Mountains from a distance. Those mountains were covered with snow as if we were looking back at the winter from upcoming spring. My most favourite scenery was the view from the cliff where you can see both the Columbia River and the Cascade Mountains. You can also see a bridge over the river. The scale of the view was humongous. I think the view was just magnificent, which made me very excited.
The next spot where I got very amazed was Pike Place Market. One reason that I really liked it, is that I had visited there before when I was having my very first exchange in my life, so it was kind of I came back to the place where my life had started to change. I wish we had had more time exploring downtown Seattle, but unfortunately we only had a couple of hours. We decided to line up for the original Starbucks first, which we ended up lining for about an hour. I was curious how they sell merchandise in such busy shop, and found out that they only display the goods and sell everything at the cashier which makes it easier and faster for the customer to but them, because as you are lining up, you get to see what they sell on a piece of sheet and decide what you want to buy. Overall, even though we waited for so long, we were very satisfied with what we got. At the end of the little visit downtown, we unexpectedly found a very beautiful place. It was just from the East side of Pike Place market where we were supposed to meet up. Personally I love night views and it was the only time when we were allowed to be out at night. There were lights over the ocean which reflects beautifully on the surface and was a fairy wheel with some colourful lights on. Those were perfectly immersed in the city lights. Pike Place Market, it was just perfect for me.
The last but not least place where I was thrilled was Space Needle. It was the place where I was most excited to go. We had a lovely brunch there, and went up to the top of the Space Needle. It took us only about 40 seconds to go to the top. It was not as high as I had expected, but still the view was amazing. From the observation deck, you can see everything you want to see about Seattle, such as the downtown Seattle skyline, as well as the Olympic and Cascade Mountains, Mount Rainier, Mount Baker, Elliott Bay and surrounding islands. The day view was pretty great, which got me wonder how beautiful it would be at night. Visiting Space Needle was the best way to finish our Seattle trip.
In summary, we could find an array of interesting and beautiful things in Seattle by visiting some of the famous sites there. I feel grateful that I got to see a lot of fascinating places such as Columbia River, Pike Place Market and Space Needle. I absolutely enjoyed everything about the trip, and am very looking forward to the upcoming trip, East Coast Trip.




Comments