On March 10th, I left MFWI for the west coast as a short trip with
my group members. I spent wonderful time and found a lot of beautiful places in
Seattle. Although Seattle is not far from Spokane, the atmosphere is quite
different. Moreover, I got new knowledge about the USA and visited a lot of
famous sights in Seattle. Especially, I got interested in American museums, beautiful
spots, and Seattle as a city.
 |
| Interesting exhibit at SAM |
First, every museum which we visited were great.
Burke Museum which is
located next to Washington State University has not only American history’s
exhibit but also other countries’ one that is deeply related to American
history. Washington History Museum teaches us cultural traditions. For example,
it is the style of living at that time, the main industry, and the house where
Native American lived, and American pop culture. My recommendation is to go
upstairs and see exhibits about modern culture. As those exhibitions are made in
order to experience the culture in the past, they are very enjoyable. In
Seattle ArtMuseum, I was excited because I saw many paintings, objects, and works of art.
There are various kinds of works, such as exhibit using colorful video tapes,
dishes come from lots of different countries, and paintings created by famous
artists. It was precious time to look at things related to history.
 |
| Vivid glass at the Bridge of Glass |
Next, I found wonderful places which we visited during this trip. Columbia
River is magnificent. Thanks to a nice weather, it had much more impact and I
was overwhelmed by the river. Then, I was moved by
the bridge of glass as it
was really beautiful. I had never seen such a colorful and detailed glass. Only
that space is like another world and it is my favorite place.
Finally, Seattle is a fascinating city. There is Space Needle, which
is a symbol of Seattle. The view from
space needle shows me big mountains and the ocean. Also, the view form PikePlace Market shows me beautiful sea and busy port town. I think that it is
really similar to Kobe in Japan. Therefore, it reminded me of my hometown which
has beautiful view of the sea and lively atmosphere. And then, it was
comfortable to spend time there because people who I met there were very kind
and friendly. I was totally attracted by this lovely city.
 |
| Beautiful view from Space Needle |
In conclusion, Seattle has a lot of historical, beautiful, and great
places. I learned American history well and found favorite places there. This
trip was very fun and gave me many impressions wherever I visited. I would like
to visit this enjoyable city again.
Comments