Impressive Things On East Coast Trip


The MFWI students went on the East Coast Trip for six days last week. It was an educational tour learning about American history and visiting Boston and Washington. D.C. It was the first time for me to visit the East Coast, so I had looked forward to visiting there. There were mainly three impressive things which I felt during this trip.
Lincoln Memorial
First, the differences between English in Spokane and in Washington D.C was very impressive. At first, I couldn't hear what a tour guide said at all because she spoke different English compared to English I had been used to listening to here, especially intonation and pronunciation. When I asked Karen what to do, she told me that it was important for people who speak English as their second language to listen to the different styles of many natives and to get used to it. I agreed with her idea very deeply. That's why the differences between English in Spokane and in Washington D.C was very impressive.
Second, a lot of American historical places and buildings were also impressive to me. I visited many places and buildings which were related to wars. Among them, I was impressed by National Japanese-American Memorial most. It goes without saying that I knew that some Japanese-Americans had very hard time during World War Ⅱ. However, I didn't know that they lost houses, friends and fortunes. In addition, I didn't know they were forced to live in a concentration camp because their appearances just looked like Japanese. It was very shocking to me. As a result, a lot of American historical places and buildings were impressive.
the White House
Finally, the political buildings were moving to me. I visited the Capital and White House in Washington D. C. I had looked forward to visiting there, especially White House, so I was very happy to be able to see it. I was moved to see the political buildings , such as the Capital and the White House which I often see on TV. There were a lot of interesting things that I hadn't known before. Therefore, the political buildings were moving to me.
As I stated above, the differences between English in Spokane and in Washington D.C, a lot of American historical places and buildings and the political buildings were very splendid to me. I could learn about many interesting, impressive and surprising things during this trip. I'd like to go to the East Coast again and spend much more time at Smithsonian Museum.

Comments