Brilliant East Coast Trip

From April 7th to 12th, I went on an educational trip to the East Coast with my travel group at MFWI.  It was my first time to visit Boston and Washington D.C., so I was really excited.  I enjoyed everything and there were three places that I enjoyed most; Plimoth Plantation, Orchard House, and Harvard University. 
Plimoth Plantation

First Plimoth Plantation was very enjoyable to me.  This place is the first place where I visited on the East Coast Trip.  I was really looking forward to visiting this place because I heard that I can listen to the talk of people who act as Pilgrims directly.  There was a real village which is reconstructed and some people who act as residents.  I asked them several questions and they answered as real Pilgrims.  It was a very good opportunity to feel their daily life.  Another reason that I enjoyed Plimoth Plantation is I ate a Thanksgiving style lunch there.  I was happy because I could eat traditional American meal.  The menu was turkey, mushed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and apple pie.  All the dishes were very delicious and I could experience a part of Thanksgiving Day.  I was glad to know American culture and history at Plimoth Plantation. 

Second, Orchard House was also wonderful.  It is the house that Louisa May Alcott and her family lived in.  Louisa is an author of very famous book, Little Women, and I learned about the story, Louisa and her family before I visited Orchard House.  I was looking forward to seeing the room where Louisa wrote her stories.  The house had an antique look and was elegant.  In the house, I could find many paintings which were drawn by May Alcott, who is the youngest sister of Louisa.  All her paintings were delicate and beautiful, so I really understood that she was a great artist.  I could understand more about Louisa by visiting Orchard House. 

Harvard University!
The last place which was also very nice is Harvard University.  I visited there on the 3rd day.  I heard that Harvard is the oldest university in the U.S.  Of course I knew that the tuition is very expensive, but I heard exact fee and I was greatly surprised.  The exterior of buildings was very beautiful brick red.  I really liked these buildings.  When I entered Harvard, I felt like I was very smart.  The day we visited there was Saturday, so there were not so many people.  I hope to visit there again and I want to see many smart people. 

I had a fabulous experience on the East Coast.  The all place was memorable and I could learn American history and American culture.  I believe that this trip will be a great memory for me.  

Comments