Skip to main content
Wonderful Cultural Trip in Seattle
I could visit many interesting places of America. It was my first time to go Seattle, and the trip was very cultural and exciting! We went to West Coast trip on May, 24 and stayed there for three days. All places which we visited were so interesting. For example, Space Needle, Pike place market, museum, original Starbucks, and etc... All of things I saw inspired me. I could enjoy not only shopping, but also learning about history. The Seattle has own history that I can’t see in Japan. The art is very beautiful. There were many places which makes me happy in Seattle. There are three places which are my favorite. These are Safeco Field, Museum, and Pike Place Market.
 |
| visitors room |
As soon as I reached to Safeco field, I was excited.I’m not interested in baseball, basically. However, size of the field impressed me. It was very big, and there many words. ”Seattle Mariners” Surprisingly, We could enter the visitors room! I sat on the sofa that many players sat. Moreover, we could walk the field, except the lawn. The lawn was beautiful green, and I could imagine players playing baseball. During walking around the field, the guide, old lady told us history of Safeco Field. She was very funny. It was enjoyable to listen to her story. Then we went to the shop. I annoyed to buy souvenir for my uncle, because he is supervision of boy baseball team. I made little cheap medal, and left the shop. We walked for a long time, so it made us so tired but I could enjoy the first day.
 |
| beautiful glass |
The next day was wonderful museum day. We went to many museums. My favorite art is The Chihuly's glass. It was so beautiful. The glasses are colorful, and each glass has unique shape. In addition, some of them were very big. I wonder how he made such a big glass. Next, we went to history museum. There were many display items we can touch. I thought it’s more interesting than Japanese museum. The reason is that the way of displaying was very interesting. Some statue spoke when I pushed a button, and some statue was floating in the air. American museum don’t makes me bored. We took many pictures in the museum. One of my favorite displays is dishes which gathered from all over the world. There were many elegant dishes, like princess using. I learned that each country has their unique culture, and it is showed in many art, or commodity. To go many kind of museums made me very artistic, and I could enjoy it.
 |
| original starbucks |
Third day, I went to the place where is most exciting! It is Pike Place Market. There was one of the most interesting places for me, because there is original Starbucks. I like Starbucks shop’s mood, color, and coffee. I was really looking forward to go there. Because it was only opportunity to buy tumbler which is used Original Starbucks logo. There was a long line, but I never gave up to buying tumbler. At last, I could enter the shop. The shop’s mood was very good, and staff was very kind and friendly. A sigh leaks out for joy. I walked around market with tumbler. It’s very crowded. Some people played music with music instrument, and some people sold a commodity which they made. The street was lively. I could feel people’s real living. As you can see, I enjoyed the last day very much.
In this trip, I could enjoy learning about their culture. In Safeco field, I could enter the room that I can’t enter, usuallyl. In the museum, there were history and art. In the Pike Place Market, there was people’s living. The city has its own custom. I could touch people in Seattle, and I noticed that to knowing foreign country culture is to knowing my country culture. There are many differences between Japan and America. Each country has good point, and I could find many good point of America. This trip gave me more interest in American culture.
Comments