We went on coast trip from the 23rd of March to 25th. This is my first trip to the West Coast in the US and I was so excited. I went to Seattle by bus which took me for five hours. It was pretty hard. Before this trip, I couldn't answer questions about what Seattle was like because I didn't know anything about it but only that there was the first Starbucks. But now I have visited many places in Seattle, so I can describe it. And especially three of them were very interesting to me.
First, I liked visiting the Klondike Gold Rush in Seattle. I watched a video about the Gold Rush-era Seattle at Klondike Gold Rush Museum, and it reminds me of one of the Charlie Chaplin's episode, "The Gold Rush." This is my favorite film which I always watched when I was in middle school. The location for making the movie is not in Alaska, but in California, so the movie is not about Seattle but I thought this video was related to this Klondike Gold Rush somehow. There were numerous people who died while they were seeking gold because it was too hard for them to live on a snowy mountain. I realized that even if there was a lot of gold, it can't come from Seattle by itself and there always needs to be people who dig for gold. It was a great opportunity to visit there and see lifestyles of these people. I could feel the atmosphere deeply though it was a small museum. To learn about Seattle's history, this trip can't be replaced.
![]() |
| The Space Needle |
![]() |
| Beautiful Fruit @Pike Place Market |
From this trip, I learned that Seattle isn't only a big city but also it has a deep history though America is quite a new world compared to Japan. Golds helped Seattle a lot to build up this city, Seattle. Also there was the most ancient market, the Pike Place Market which is still very flourish. I was so happy to visit such an amazing place in my life. It'll be my best memory forever.


Comments