Skip to main content
Through 3 days of the West Coast trip, I could learn about the West Coast a lot. I went to Seattle,Tacoma and Olympia from March 13th to 15th with my group members to learn about the West Coast. I visited Safeco Field, Burke Museum, Seattle Art Museum, Pike Place Market, Space Needle and the Klondike Gold Rush Museum. There were 3 special things I learned from my West Coast trip.
 |
| Safeco Field |
First, I was surprised at the accommodation of Safeco Field. I visited Safeco Field in Seattle on the first day. I saw the gym and locker room. The locker room was not made with steel, it was made with lumber. I never expected it. After I visited inside of the stadium, I entered in the ballpark. I was impressed with the amount of seats. I have been to the Koshien stadium in Nishinomiya and the Kyosera dome in Osaka. But it was different from impact. I was also surprised by the place of the seats. There were seats at high place. I couldn’t believe that height. I think some spectators are afraid of heights. However I enjoyed seeing their seats. Safeco Field is famous as home of the Seattle Mariners. Therefore, I want to recommend their seats for visitors.
 |
| Inopportune: Stage One |
Next, I saw a unique art. Usually, I am not interested in art. So I don’t go to art museum and if I go to there, I don’t feel anything from pictures or objects. However, I was impressed by some artworks, when I visited the Seattle Art Museum on the second day. At the front of the entrance, I saw Hammering Man. It was very tall man object which has a hammer. I couldn’t see it from the bus. In addition, it was hard to take a picture of it. I tried to squat and I stood far away from it but, I couldn’t take pictures of the full length. Anyway, I was surprised the size. After I entered the Art museum, there were some objects on the wall. That title is Inopportune: Stage One. Its concept was that of a car accident express slow motion. At first, I didn’t understand what does the artist want to express? After I heard explanation, I become to like that artwork. In this way, these artworks surprised and impacted to me. I noticed the art is not bad. I want to have an opportunity to see art more.
At the last, I could study about salmon a lot. I have already known that salmon is famous in Seattle. So I was looking forward to buying salmon in the Pike Place Market. But I didn’t have time to get it. I was shocked. Before I went to Seattle, I thought that salmon is popular as just for eating. Actually, salmon skin was used for making clothes and shoes in long time ago. I was surprised salmon is not only for eating but also it was used for clothing. I was also surprised that salmon was related with people who live in Seattle for a long time.
In conclusion, I enjoyed seeing their seats of the Safeco Field, I noticed the art is not bad, and salmon was related with people who live in Seattle for a long time. Like those facts, I could learn about Seattle more. I felt it was fun to study something directly. Every day, I study with paper, text book and pencil. I tend to study only academic things. However going outside to study I can not only study academic but also see construction, feel how large and remember things easily. I had a good 3 days in Seattle. Also, I want to enjoy and learn many things in the East coast trip in next month.
Comments