Fantastic West coast trip



The MFWI students visited the West Coast on March 20 to March 22 and all the traveling was by bus. This trip was separated into two groups and I was in the second group, so I heard some information from my friends who went on the trip the previous week before my trip. We visited Seattle, Tacoma and Olympia. Seattle is a rainy city; the rain is called "liquid sunshine". I was really anxious to be in the rain for all the days during my trip.  This is part of our education to know about American history. There are three interesting places that I visited and exciting things that I experienced.

Huge Safeco Field
First day, I enjoyed visiting Safeco Field which is the Seattle Mariners' home ground. This team is very famous in Japan, because the famous baseball player Ichiro used to play baseball on this team for a long time. Now he plays on another team, but he first came to this field to play baseball in America. And I saw the chair and sat on the chair which Ichiro had sat on. I think this was great experience and this might be my boast when I go back to Japan. It was raining outside, but there was a ciling over the field, so I didn't get wet. After visiting Safeco field, the weather got better. I’ve never been to baseball stadium. I had a great time there.
Shining Rachel the Golden pig
The next day, I had a great time shopping at Pike Place Makert. It was rainning a lot in the morning, so I was little shocked. But in the afternoon at the Pike Place Market, the weather finally became sunny! It was really hot. My friends and I walked around the market. The market was very crowded, not only with people, but also many cars on the road. There were also many pigeons at the market. We saw the golden pig called Rachel. My friend toled me that Rachel will grant me my dream. So I made a wish. I wished that I want to be happy in my life in the future. After that I bougth yogurt and blueberries. It was very cheap. Most students went to Starbucks but I didn’t buy anything there. I had a lots of fun at Pike Place Market.
Beautiful view from the top of Space Needle
On the last day, I had a lot of fun at Space Needle. It wasn't raining but it's cloudy, so I couldn't see the Mt.Rainier, but I took a lots of pictures at Space Needle. I had a nice brunch at Space Needle restaurant. I think it was the best meal I’ve eaten on this trip. There are many kinds of bread, fruits, eggs with cheese and crapes. We also enjoyed  the scenery from the top of the Space Needle. We saw the city of seattle. It was beautiful. I had a great experience in Seattle.

In conclusion, Seattle is rainy city, so I worry about the weather very much. But I enjoyed visiting Safeco field. The next day I had a great time shopping at Pike Place Market. And onthe last day, I enjoyed brunch and taking photos in Space Needle. I had a good time on the West coast!

Comments