Last weekend I went on a West coast trip for three days as part of MFWI study program and I had a great time there. We visited Seattle, Tacoma and Olympia by bus. I experienced many kinds of things and learned a lot of important things which I had never thought about such as the history of America, places in Seattle and people in America. We can't notice what is “Americaness” or What is “Japaneseness” and good points or bad points of both countries on our campus because we have fewer opportunities to communicate with American people except teachers. Through the trip, I noticed that Japan and America are totally different and I could learn that both countries have many good points. In this essay, I would like to introduce my three great experiences on the trip including the many attractive points I felt.
 |
| Fantastic market |
First, I liked Pike Place Market best. I felt I was in America when I was walking around there. I saw a lot of people play many kinds of instruments such as guitar and trumpet freely. They all looked like they were having fun and really enjoying themselves. In addition, a lot of people around them were enjoying singing. I was really surprised that although they were from different places and have many different kinds of cultures, they really enjoyed the atomosphere with all the people and it also made me happy and give me joy. I felt that we couldn't see such a nice situation in Japan. They enjoyed themselves freely without any kind of influence. The place seemed to be busy at first, but it was lively place in a good way. While at the beach side, time went slowly. People were enjoying the nice view and atmosphere there and it made me relaxed and comfortable. I really enjoyed this experience and sharing such a nice mood, atmosphere and view there with a lot of people.
 |
| Wonderful players' seat |
Next, I was interested in Safeco Field. I learned many things there and experienced nice things. The tour guide allowed us to enter the stadium, sit in the seat for players, and watch the room where players eat foods, the training room, and the care room. It was such a nice experience. I had never been interested in baseball, but through the experience I became interested in baseball, not baseball games but baseball players’ lives at the stadium. I had never felt how big baseball stadiums are because I always saw them from the seat for spectator but I learned how big baseball stadiums are. I was surprised at not only the size of the stadium but also everything inside of the stadium. In addition, I enjoyed learning about baseball because our tour guide was so kind, and he talked to us very slowly so I understood very well. I really enjoyed such a nice experience and felt the kindness of our tour guide.
Finally, I had a great time at the hotel in the evening. Some of my friends gathered at one room,and we played a card game many many times. Not only the usual members but also the people in our group and another group played together. I liked that time because I like to enjoy doing things with many people, and we could get to know each other very well through the games. It was just a card game, but it made us have nice relationship. Through the games, I learned many different kinds of view and could know a new part of my friends. I thought it was very nice to enjoy something with many people because we could learn about the people more and more. I really enjoyed the time with them and I will never forget the memory which we made with each other.
 |
| Big smile!! |
Through the trip, I could learn about many kinds of things. At Pike Place Market, I could learn about freedom. I was inspired by the people who were enjoying the atmosphere and the music freely. At Safeco Field, I could learn about the baseball stadium and the players’ lives there. I also felt the kindness of the guide and I was lucky to meet such a nice guy. At the hotel, I enjoyed the card game with my friends. Through the game I could notice a new part of my friends and get to know each of them well. I was really happy to experience such a nice trip and learn about many things.
Comments