What do people feel when they see a flower? One person feels beautiful next to the flower and gets power from it. Another person feels sad about to the flower because of the evanescent beauty. When people see something, people feel something or might get empowered by it. A week ago, that I went to a West Coast trip for three days with Mukogawa students. We looked around famous places in Takoma, Olympia, and Seattle. Among them I noticed three places that empowered me. I will talk about how this trip was for me.
 |
| The Columbia river |
The Columbia River is the beginning place for empowerment. When we left
MFWI, it took several hours to arrive there. I can see rivers almost anywhere in the world, so I thought that is boring to see the river, until I had seen
the Columbia river. When I saw the river, I was very shocked. Because this is the first time I had ever seen a big river like
the Columbia River. I was empowered from the grantness of the river, at the same time, I was shocked. The power made me relax and I could have inner calm. So my worries disappeared.
 |
| The Pike Place Market |
The Pike Place Market in Seattle is the next location. The Pike Place Market is the place where fresh fruit, fish, beautiful flowers, and arts from around the Seattle gather. It was a sunny day so many people visited here. There were people who were playing the piano, drawing a picture, singing a song and showing performances in the roadway. I could hear the noisy voices to draw customers into the shops. The Pike Place Market was full of energy and smiles of people. I could enjoy the place just walking. I was dead tired because of the busily schedule trip, but I completely refreshed by the market.
 |
| The Space Needle |
Finally, I went to
the Space Needle on the last day of the trip.
The Space Needle is about 184 meters high. The downtown Seattle skyline, as well as the Olympic and Cascade Mountains, Mount Rainier, Mount Baker, Elliott Bay, and surrounding islands can be viewed from the top of the observation deck. We had a mixture of light rain and sunny spell, so we could enjoy the view while having brunch. It was built in 1962 which was more than 50 years before. Come to think of it, I felt as if I could do anything, even I.
The power that I got from three places are becoming my motivation of living now. I am a sophomore at
Mukogawa Women University. It’s an important time to think about my future and also a good opportunity to decide what I want to become. But I have no clear vision with my future, so I do my best in everything. This is so tiring to keep up. My studying abroad is supported by many people, so I can study and experience many things in the U,S. I’m so lucky that I am in good environment and I don’t want to think that it’s natural. The power which I got from three places helped me to do everything in my power. I want to make the studying abroad a wonderful experience so that I can say proudly “I’m home” to all the people who support me.
Comments