Change and Grow up My Mind



What a tight schedule we have for three days in the west coast trip! The west coast trip was super hard for me because of having continued to speak and listen English all day. But it was really good experiences for improving my English skill. I have been to Seattle and Olympia and Tacoma for the first time. And I visited a lot of places in the west coast trp. And now, I want to write about the important things I learned at Safeco Field, in the Washington History Museum, and at Pike Place Market.

First I learned that the staff at Safeco Field value tourists. The safety and security at Safeco Field for the tourist is different than in Japan. This was my first impression at Safeco Field the first day. There was a large field, and I could observe inside the field as a tourist. I was really excited because I had been looking forward to going there since when I was in Japan. In Japan, it is hard to experience such a tour because of safety and security in the stadium every day. So when I experienced this tour at Safeco Field, I was very happy. And I think this tour is also for children and families. The staff in Japan are very strict with safety and security to protect their stadium from outsiders. I think they should imitate such a tour. I could know some nice points of Seattle Mariners at the same time. It became my best memory.

The Safeco Field
I learned that rain is important in Seattle. I dislike rainy days. In the western area of Washington State, there are many rainy days. I was disappointed because the weather was rainy when I went to Washington History Museum. In Washington History Museum, I could learn about the long history of Seattle. Also I could see a lot of traditional tools, houses and clothes. And while I was reading some instructions about them, I realized these things are connected with the rain in Seattle. I dislike the rain but people at that time could not live without corresponding with the rain. So I respected people who lived at that time though I was disappointed with the rain. Also the rain was not just the rain. I would like to thank the staff at the museum for the rain and its importance.
Seattle city with the Space Needle

When you are sorry, how do you feel? When I went to Pike Place Market on the third day, I visited a small shop which was selling many Native American goods. Then I found a dream catcher that I wanted. In Japan, few people know it because that is a traditional decoration. So it is hard to find in Japan. Native Americans regard the dream catcher as a lucky charm. The shape like a spider web is cute. After I chose the red one, I bought it. It was 6 dollars, so I paid 10 dollars. When I received the change, I confirmed the change in front of the cashier. I was worrying whether the change was correct or not. Then, the cashier noticed that he might not have returned the change properly and he gave me additional change. But actually, the change was correct. After I counted it in the bus again, I realized my mistake. I was thinking that foreigners sometimes do not return change properly. I didn't trust the man. Then, I felt sorry. And I learned that there are few people who will cheat me. This experience was necessary for me to change my stereotype.

In conclusion, I learned three things on the West Coast trip. The charm and unique tour at Safeco Field made me full of happiness. The rain in the west area has some important roles for people who had been living at that time. And believing a person even if I am in an unknown place, like Pike Place Market, is important. Whenever I remember some views of the East Coast, I feel a longing for them. Three days were such a short trip for me. If I have a chance to go there, I want to go again. And I won’t forget these experiences.


Comments