Smile!

I noticed soon after I arrived in the USA that is my eyes meet the eyes another American, such as my RA or my teacher or store clerks. the person smiles at me. Not all cases, but most people smile at me when  our eyes meet. This situation is not to be seen in Japan. If Japanese do the same, perhaps the person is thought to be strange by the others because Japanese don't have this custom. My opinion is that most of Japanese are shy or tend to make a barrier with others. So this experience in the USA is new for me. I think this is good custom for my mental health. We feel good when we see someone smile. We sometimes think that those smiles at us are friendly and those who don't smile at us are not friendly. In the USA there are a lot of positively people.

Comments