An encouraging event

In the U.S, I’m having a really good time, and many interesting experiences. Some of my great experiences are classes at MFWI. I have met nice teachers and classmates. I have been stimulated every day. In each class, we have some activities. sometimes we go to a restaurant, school or a universities. Above all, two school visits were very interesting for me.

In March, I visited two schools, one was Spokane Falls Community College, and the other was Shadle Park high school. Both of them were great. I had a pleasant time. Students from both schools are learning Japanese, so they sometimes asked me questions in Japanese. I received good influence from students, while they spoke Japanese to me. We are both foreign language learners. Their positive attitude with learning Japanese stimulated me. Moreover, I met my pen pal at Shadle Park high school. We had sent small letters to each other, so I was delighted to meet him. We played some simple games, and I asked some questions about my cultural topic. He listened to my poor English very earnestly and answered kindly, so I had asked him more questions. We talked about not only culture but also our hobbies. We both like music, and he can play the cello, so he told me about his concerts, what kind of music he usually play, and so on. I really enjoyed talking, and I felt that the time have passed so soon.

These school visits were very memorable things for me. Since I came here, I have come to like speaking English with many people more and more. This time was very good opportunity to improve my consciousness. Next month, we’ll go to the same high school again, so I’d like to expand my skills before I visit there again.

Comments