Unexpected Community Life

I am having a good time here. I arrived at MFWI on Feb.6th. I live in Covington, and my RA is Brenna. I have one roommate. Her name is Nanako. We have been friends for seven years. There are five people in her family. She has a father, mother, older and younger sisters. Her nickname is ' Walking Dictionary.' That's why she is really good at English vocabulary. I recommend that if you have any question about English words, you can ask her! Anyway she is fantastic girl. We have some rules in our room. For example, English only, helping each other, do NOT conquer the space some others and do NOT interfere too much. I think we'll never fight. Why do we have our own rule? Because they are for our benefit. I don't have sister or brother. So I have own my room. When I have free time, I always spend my room in Japan. This is my life style. Nanako and I decided to make rule and keep it together. However I was surprised at her life style.

I don't like this!
Her life style is freewheeling life. For example one night, when I slept in my bed, I heard something strange sounds. It sounds like " grrrrrr......grrrrr......" Then I woke up and thought it. 'What that sounds?' , and I looked at Nanako. She was still studying. After that I could understand what sound was. She was making it! She was sharpening her pencil. I asked her, " please stop it. please..." She said sorry to me.I didn't angry with her, but I was really surprised to her. Another time, when I was sleeping, the alarm rang, I tried to wake up. The alarm was her, and I saw the time. Can you believe? It was 5:30! It was really awful!! The two experiences made me realized, Nanako and I have difference life style. We are Japanese, but we are not same. .
Many people have difference own their life style, regardless coming of people live in same country or not. I have to endure this Covington life about four month. I can know about what they think it. Indeed I could understand Nanako's life style little by little. She always studies in our room. She reads dictionary. And she sharpen her pencil making noise. Now I don't care. Because that is her life. She doesn't need to change her life. Me too. And now we have our slogan, it is " It's up to us!" If you come our room, you can see our slogan on wall. I am not sure, we can keep our rules well. But I can say with confidence " It's up to us!" I want to make a good relationship with Nanako.

Comments