Skip to main content
The Shortest Four Monthes Ever!
My life in America is coming to the end. I cannot believe that I am going back to Japan in three weeks. I can say that everything I have done here is my fortune. At first, there were lots of hard things about living here. I struggled with them and cried many times. Through this experience, however, I am sure that I certainly matured, especially mentally. I leaned not only English but also how important my identity is. There are three things that made me matured as a nice person.
 |
| Nice Dickinson Member |
First, relationship with friends were really difficult, but important. Honestly, at first I wanted to back because I missed Japan so much. I did not know why I had such a feeling. It was terrible time for me. One day, I realized that I just wanted to escape from my hard situation such as homework and repetition of doing same things every day. I tried to change my negative thinking to positive thinking. My class, dormitory and ordinary friends made my life fun. I was quite supported by them. I often heard from people who experienced this program has saied that we can see our friend's bad side because we are always together. As for me, however, it is wrong. I saw my friend's many good sides. I came to like them more and more. They always cared about me, and listened to my worries. I have to cherish my great friends forever.
 |
| Beautiful Boston |
Another thing that helped me matured as a person is that I took two trips. I went to Seattle and East Coast. Both of them were terrific! I saw and visited many historical buildings. The view and the atmosphere of each place was wonderful for me. I strongly felt I was in America. The trips were not just sightseeing, but it expanded my view. I experienced that I cannot do in Japan. Through the two trips, I noticed I was interested in American history, and also I have to get to know it more. Learning Japanese history and culture is not usual, I have to open my eyes and see the world more widely.
The last that helped me is conversation with American students. I had some opportunities to talk to them. One thing that I can say is they definitely have their own purpose or ideas for their goal and dream. Most Japanese students do not have these kinds of thinking, so I was inspired very much. After finishing a talk, I always thought about my goal and dream seriously. I was surprised that even elementary school students shared their future plan. American students who I had a conversation with had a strong responsibility to be an adult, and study to make their clear dream come true. How nice it was. I was happy to meet such nice students here.
 |
| With Super Guy |
These four months will be my life's nourishment. The experiences at MFWI made me stronger than before. As for me, everyday was valuable and necessary. I gained a lot of precious things and memories even though I had a hard time. What this study abroad taught me is that adapting to someone is important, of course, but having my own determination is more important. I am totally satisfied with all my experiences.
Comments