Our study abroad program in America is coming to an end. As I wrote in some of my blogs, I have experienced a lot of new things here. I cannot experience those things in Japan. I have learned many things because while staying in the U.S. I think I have matured more than when I was in Japan by these experiences. Some specific experiences have helped me become "me."
Most biggest experience is to live with many people in one house. At first, I thought I could live with someone, even with many people. However, it has been really difficult for me. There are always people in my dormitory, of course. It is important for me to be alone sometimes, but it is so difficult for me in a dormitory. I realized how important it is to be alone and relax. In Japan, I have my own room, and I can relax in the living room even if there are some people there because they are my family. Not only can I not relax here, but also I have to use the house with my dormitory members. I'm a organize person, so I don't like messy places. However, some people in my dormitory are messy, so I sometimes have to clean up after them. There are many people who are selfish in the world, but if we have to live with others like now, we should think about others and not only ourselves. Through this life I realized it is really important to think about others and to cooperate with others.
I also have learned to accept other cultures. Each country has a different culture. Our culture is Japanese culture. However, we are in the U.S., not in Japan. That means we have to accept this culture. In Japan, for example, we don't wear shoes in the house, but in America, many families wear shoes in their houses. However, it is not so difficult to accept these things. There are many difficult things for us in American classes. In Japan, to interrupt teachers or other people is not a good thing. We have to listen carefully and then we can say our opinions or ask questions. However, to interrupt is not a bad thing in the U.S. Also, we have to say our opinions more than when we are in Japan as a volunteer. At first, it was really difficult for me to do these things, but if I hadn't done these things, it may not have been polite for others. Now, I am used to doing these things, and I feel comfortable. At first, it was really difficult, but to accept the culture makes me better and a more polite person, I think. Thus, it is good to try to accept other cultures.
Of course, to be happy is really important for me. There are many things that I cannot do in Japan. These things are always fun. However, there are things that I do not like so much. For example, to study in English all the time is difficult thing, but I realized to study unwillingly is not fun both for us and for teachers. I started studying with happiness. My motivation was higher than before, I think. Also, even if I feel uncomfortable or get irritated at something or someone, I should not behave bad to other people. They did nothing to me, so I should not make them feel bad. I try to smile as much as I can. Surprisingly, if I feel uncomfortable with some things, I can sometimes forget about that by smiling. It makes me a good person. Also, by doing these things, I can communicate with people easily.
This study abroad program has made me a better person than before. I think I can do these things because I am in America now. The days that we can stay here are short, so I want to do as many things as possible in America.
Most biggest experience is to live with many people in one house. At first, I thought I could live with someone, even with many people. However, it has been really difficult for me. There are always people in my dormitory, of course. It is important for me to be alone sometimes, but it is so difficult for me in a dormitory. I realized how important it is to be alone and relax. In Japan, I have my own room, and I can relax in the living room even if there are some people there because they are my family. Not only can I not relax here, but also I have to use the house with my dormitory members. I'm a organize person, so I don't like messy places. However, some people in my dormitory are messy, so I sometimes have to clean up after them. There are many people who are selfish in the world, but if we have to live with others like now, we should think about others and not only ourselves. Through this life I realized it is really important to think about others and to cooperate with others.
I also have learned to accept other cultures. Each country has a different culture. Our culture is Japanese culture. However, we are in the U.S., not in Japan. That means we have to accept this culture. In Japan, for example, we don't wear shoes in the house, but in America, many families wear shoes in their houses. However, it is not so difficult to accept these things. There are many difficult things for us in American classes. In Japan, to interrupt teachers or other people is not a good thing. We have to listen carefully and then we can say our opinions or ask questions. However, to interrupt is not a bad thing in the U.S. Also, we have to say our opinions more than when we are in Japan as a volunteer. At first, it was really difficult for me to do these things, but if I hadn't done these things, it may not have been polite for others. Now, I am used to doing these things, and I feel comfortable. At first, it was really difficult, but to accept the culture makes me better and a more polite person, I think. Thus, it is good to try to accept other cultures.
Of course, to be happy is really important for me. There are many things that I cannot do in Japan. These things are always fun. However, there are things that I do not like so much. For example, to study in English all the time is difficult thing, but I realized to study unwillingly is not fun both for us and for teachers. I started studying with happiness. My motivation was higher than before, I think. Also, even if I feel uncomfortable or get irritated at something or someone, I should not behave bad to other people. They did nothing to me, so I should not make them feel bad. I try to smile as much as I can. Surprisingly, if I feel uncomfortable with some things, I can sometimes forget about that by smiling. It makes me a good person. Also, by doing these things, I can communicate with people easily.
This study abroad program has made me a better person than before. I think I can do these things because I am in America now. The days that we can stay here are short, so I want to do as many things as possible in America.
Comments