When I was in Japan, last year, I was in ACE class, which is an advanced class in the English department. There, I didn't care about studying English. Everyday I felt that I took difficult classes, and I thought I studied hard by only taking such classes. I learned a lot of things from teachers passively, but I never studied actively myself. On the other hand, for me, the other students in my class were terrific with English. I got a sense of inferiority as I gradually felt I couldn't do as well as they did. Day by day, I began losing my passion, activeness, aims, and the purposes of why I studied English, and the fact I was in the advanced class made me lazy in such situations.
Since I came here, my feelings have slowly changed. I've made many friends I hadn't known before I came here, and touch many different kinds of idea. Though I met many people in America, the most impactful people are my classmates here. At MFWI I have completely different classmates from the ones in Japan, and half of them has students from the regular course in the English department. They are not only friendly, but also really highly motivated, ambitious, and active. I have been really influenced by them since I became friends with them. They didn't have many opportunities as I did, but they seem to be really good at English.
Soon I realized that the reason I lost my purposes was actually my fault. Even though the students are in the regular course, which is not a better learning experiences than I had, they did study hard and they are really good English learners. I noticed that I had been really passive, always complaining about my environment, but never tried to change it. Their attitude in the class, such as participating actively, never being afraid to ask questions, and enjoying classes in their own ways, opened my eyes. I was bothered by my stupid pride and my pretending not to be stupid. I felt really ashamed of my attitude in Japan. I decided to try as many things as I can do during my studying abroad.
There are only about 2 weeks left for this program. I still have been studying lots of things with the section 17 students, and all the students are in the same class as mine. I can't imagine what I would get if I hadn't meet them, and there had never been such nice classes. What I learned here the most was how important it is to go back to my original intention, and how stupid I was when I had worthless feelings, such as a sense of inferiority or tiny pride to not pretend to be stupid. Thanks to this class, I got back what I used to have. This studying abroad program cost about $10000, which is really expensive, and the best thing I bought with this money was such nice friends. I really really love them. Thank you for 4 months!!!
Since I came here, my feelings have slowly changed. I've made many friends I hadn't known before I came here, and touch many different kinds of idea. Though I met many people in America, the most impactful people are my classmates here. At MFWI I have completely different classmates from the ones in Japan, and half of them has students from the regular course in the English department. They are not only friendly, but also really highly motivated, ambitious, and active. I have been really influenced by them since I became friends with them. They didn't have many opportunities as I did, but they seem to be really good at English.
Soon I realized that the reason I lost my purposes was actually my fault. Even though the students are in the regular course, which is not a better learning experiences than I had, they did study hard and they are really good English learners. I noticed that I had been really passive, always complaining about my environment, but never tried to change it. Their attitude in the class, such as participating actively, never being afraid to ask questions, and enjoying classes in their own ways, opened my eyes. I was bothered by my stupid pride and my pretending not to be stupid. I felt really ashamed of my attitude in Japan. I decided to try as many things as I can do during my studying abroad.
There are only about 2 weeks left for this program. I still have been studying lots of things with the section 17 students, and all the students are in the same class as mine. I can't imagine what I would get if I hadn't meet them, and there had never been such nice classes. What I learned here the most was how important it is to go back to my original intention, and how stupid I was when I had worthless feelings, such as a sense of inferiority or tiny pride to not pretend to be stupid. Thanks to this class, I got back what I used to have. This studying abroad program cost about $10000, which is really expensive, and the best thing I bought with this money was such nice friends. I really really love them. Thank you for 4 months!!!
Comments