The Best Family

MFWI students have lots of fun programs here. From March 15th to 17th, I finally went to my host family's house. I have had such a homestay once in New Zealand. That was good memory for me. I felt that I could be a part of the family at the time, and also I could know real culture in New Zealand. I had been excited about my MFWI homestay program since I came here. There are two people and one dog in my host family this time. My host mother and father warmly welcomed us with a big smile. I remembered my stress was eased. From now on, during this weekend I had two terrific experiences.


My great host family
My host family prepared an exciting trip to Idaho. Naturally, it was my first time to go there. It took just about twenty minutes from our house by car. I was surprised that I could go to a different state in such a short time. I felt the air is so fresh as soon as I arrived there. We walked around the big lake. How beautiful the scenery was! I was certainly moved. The sky and lake were beautiful. Idaho was better than I expected. My host mother said, we can ride a boat on the lake in summer. I hope I will back sometime. Moreover, I entered and walked around a nice hotel. The inside was great. The day was so cold and windy, so I could not stay long. Anyway, Idaho is my favorite state now!

Before I explain my second experience, I would like you to think about Japanese birthday party. What kind of parties have you experienced? Actually, I went to my host family's relatives birthday party on St Patrick's Day during my homestay. About fifteen people gathered there. Many people wore green clothes or accessories. Everyone looked so happy to celebrate this birthday. They were kind to us in spite of us being stranger. They laughed and smiled at each other most of the time. The atmosphere was so nice. The girl who party we celebrated seemed to be happy to receive presents. I experienced true American culture by joining this party. I realized that Americans often share the pleasure of relationships more than Japanese do.

Cool Idaho state!

Through this homestay, I learned a lot of real American culture and also felt big familiy love. They strongly cherish their family and relatives. I could experience a lot of valuable things. First, I worried about my poor English ability, but it did not matter. Feeling and attitude are important for homestay. I thank my host family for welcoming us. If I had not have such a nice homestay program, I would not feel American culture. I certainly spent three great days with them

Comments

Eri said…

Hello,
It's really great that you learned a lot of things through Homestay here! Please let me know about it more later!