I am taking different kinds of classes at MFWI. I can learn a lot of things
about not only English but also other things through these classes. The
most impressive thing for me is the students' attitude in each class.
In all classes at MFWI, the teacher urges us to speak positively in class. When all students don't speak and keep silent, teacher say to us "Why is everybody saying nothing?" with a displeased face. In Japan, I often hesitate to speak in class. However, at MFWI a few students of the class respond to the questions and ask the teacher some questions without qualm. I admire their initiatives when they do that. Students can interrupt the teacher. Sometimes the students speak more than the teacher in the class. It evidently differs from Japan.
Moreover when I visited the Sunrise Elementary School in my writing class, I was surprised at the difference between Japanese and American students. When the teacher asked the students a question, most students raised their hands immediately. Also some of them spoke to us and asked some questions actively. These characteristics were very shocking for me.
In Japan, almost all of the students hesitate to speak in class. They seldom answer questions and express their opinion actively. In some classes, they only listen to the teacher's lecture and take notes silently. Personally, I think this style of class is not bad. It may be a good way to study. However, students sometimes feel bored and become sleepy. It is not a good way for them to study well. I hadn't had a sense of incongruity about this, but my mind has changed through such experiences.
Speaking in a class is very important for the students to study delightfully. If all students actively participate in class, it can be marvelous so they can enjoy studying. I will try to speak in class and ask questions without hesitation. I shouldn't be shy!
In all classes at MFWI, the teacher urges us to speak positively in class. When all students don't speak and keep silent, teacher say to us "Why is everybody saying nothing?" with a displeased face. In Japan, I often hesitate to speak in class. However, at MFWI a few students of the class respond to the questions and ask the teacher some questions without qualm. I admire their initiatives when they do that. Students can interrupt the teacher. Sometimes the students speak more than the teacher in the class. It evidently differs from Japan.
Moreover when I visited the Sunrise Elementary School in my writing class, I was surprised at the difference between Japanese and American students. When the teacher asked the students a question, most students raised their hands immediately. Also some of them spoke to us and asked some questions actively. These characteristics were very shocking for me.
In Japan, almost all of the students hesitate to speak in class. They seldom answer questions and express their opinion actively. In some classes, they only listen to the teacher's lecture and take notes silently. Personally, I think this style of class is not bad. It may be a good way to study. However, students sometimes feel bored and become sleepy. It is not a good way for them to study well. I hadn't had a sense of incongruity about this, but my mind has changed through such experiences.
Speaking in a class is very important for the students to study delightfully. If all students actively participate in class, it can be marvelous so they can enjoy studying. I will try to speak in class and ask questions without hesitation. I shouldn't be shy!
Comments
Hello,
I agree with your opinion! I didn't like to say my opinion during classes before, but now I can be positive here! To know other culture is a good way to change myself!