![]() |
| Super elementary school |
First, the community college and university students that I have met have positive attitude about study. I asked many students how much homework per day they have or how long they study everyday. I found that almost of all the students study about 3 hours or more everyday. It was amazing for me. I could not believe that at first. One student also said it is usual for American students, so maybe it might have part of their habit. I thought I have studied a lot and done my best, but I was wrong. I just did only homework. I realized my study was not enough. I felt the big difference. These students have strong will to study. I understood what true university students should be.
Another surprising thing is that all students have their own dream or goal, and also they study hard to make it come true. It seems to be usual for university students here. However, many Japanese students do not have such a dream or goal. Moreover, they do not know why they go to university. There are a lot of people who hang out with friends everyday and spend much time on club activities without studying in Japan.Therefore, American students views are completely different from ours. As for me, actually I have not decideded my dream for the future yet. I did not care much about when I was in Japan, but now I am so anxious about it.
As I mentioned, American university students are strict with themselves to study at the university. They are definitely model students for us. I was surprised, and at the same time I was taught the importance of studying and having dream by nice students. I have to change my view on study and dream. from now on.

Comments