Marvelous Museums

I could experience valuable things last week during our 6 days East Cost Trip. Then I went to many places such as Harvard university, Lincoln Memorial, Boston and more and, I walked through Freedom Trail and Mount Vernon. I like the places where I visited. I have been to many museums during my study abroad program, but they were boring to me. My most favorite place is the Smithsonian Institution especially. To tell the truth, I hadn't known about these museums before I went there. I really enjoyed watching pictures, statues, models and so on and buying souvenirs at the Smithsonian Institution. These museums were impressed me a lot.
Great National Gallery of Art with me

When I arrived at Smithsonian Institution , I was so surprised at this size, beauty of watch buildings and the number. I think that all buildings are made to show each individuality, so I wasn't tired of just seeing building. Also, I heard there were about nineteen kinds of museums and to enter each museums is admission free, so I astonished again. I was impressed by various things of Smithsonian Institution. We didn't have enough time to visit the museums we wanted to go, so we decided to go which museums. Actually, we had almost all four hours longer than plan, so we could visit four museums. I was happy to go the museums where I wanted to go, but I gave up to go.

National Gallery of Art was very inspired. We saw famous paintings drawn by Leonard da Vinci, Van Gogh and so on. The museum was so huge and had many rooms, and we didn't have enough time to see all rooms, therefore we saw paintings and statues with a feeling being in a hurry. While I was looking at these paintings, I was moved by seeing the drawings that I have looked in art textbooks when I was junior high school student. Also I can see Paul Gauguin's paintings. I learned about him a little at American studies class for the Seattle trip. When I went to Seattle , I saw his arts. I was pleased to see the pictures which drawn by people who I knew. After looking at paintings, we went a shop. There were many kinds of postcards therefore I couldn't decide to buy which to buy. Because of ttrying to limit buying some cards, I was satisfied with purchasing my favorite. I enjoyed this place very much.

Luxurious Hope Diamond
In addition to National Gallery of Art, I amazed three other museums where I visited. I could see famous things at each place. For example, I saw Hope diamond known by the biggest diamond in the world and very big dinosaur model at National Museum History, Dorothy's ruby slippers of Wizard of Oz and various things used by making a movie at Museum of American History and moon rock and many planes at National Air and Space Museum. Besides, I bought the key ring inscribed my name and colored blue as my favorite color , Einstein Albert's doll that can tell his famous saying, not to mention many interesting postcards. I took delight in going three museums.

Even though I had only four hours to go around there, I enjoyed all things very much at the Smithsonian Institution. When I departed from there, I decided to visit there again before I die. If I can visit there again, I want to have a lot of time to see all museums of Washington DC. In order to fulfill my dream, I need to save a lot of money.