I really enjoyed the time with my host family a few weeks ago. My host family was kind enough to help me out with everything such as cooking, taking me places, and even shopping. Thanks to them I didn't feel uncomfortable at all. During this weekend I noticed some interesting cultural observations.
![]() |
| Decorative Cars on The Parade |
On the first day, my host mother and her daughter picked me up in front of my dormitory Cather. Then we enjoyed driving to see the St. Patrick's Day parade downtown. Although I had no knowledge of that event, I was really excited to see the parade. I found that the scale of the parade was large, because there were lots of people parading such as person on a green colored horse, costumed kids looked like angels, people riding in decorative car and marching. Probably it's hard to see this kind of parade in Japan. So I think this event is really American-like. I heard the parade would be crazy from my host mother, finally I found it was true. It lasted about an hour. I never got tired of this parade. There were many people wearing hilarious clothes on and they seemed so fantastic. I was so glad to experience these cultural observations.
From these experiences I'm interested in another cultural observations.
