Great students

Two of my MFWI classes went to two elementary schools last month. I had great time in both elementary schools. We met our pen pals, and I enjoyed interacting with them. My pen pals are 2 girls and 2 boys. One thing I observed was that in their class rooms, there were many cheerful and active students.

Cheerful students
One example of their cheerfulness and active participation was when we entered their classroom at first time, the children were doing various activities as we entered in class. Then the elementary school teacher clapped her hands loudly. The children clapped together and they stopped their activities. I was surprised to see that, because they also became quiet. Before I went there I have thought American children are so active and the teacher can't control them. Actually,they are good students. I thought they are focused and engaged very much. On the other hand, Japanese elementary students are cheerful, and they can be quiet by teacher, too. Unfortunately, in Japan, many junior high or high school students don't listen to teachers in class. They don't think they have carefully listen to what the teacher say, and few students can't study in class. It is a not good point of school in Japan. These American students so different from Japanese students.

In this country, people think well their rights. Living in this country is not easy without sympathy, because there are many races and religious people in this country. Small fights sometimes happen, but terrible war is not happen in present America. I think many children are brought up well, and they are well educated to be considerate and kind person. So they can concentrate their studies in school. Also my pen pals listened to me very much, so I was happy to visit their school.