Energizing Place

I went on East Coast trip from April 9th through April 14th. During the trip, I visited many places where are historical and famous in the world. For example, Quincy Market, Beacon Hill, Old North Church, Thomas Jefferson Memorial, and White House. Every place impressed me but Lincoln Memorial moved me most. Visiting that place gave me courage and passion.

Reflecting pool
The view from Lincoln Memorial was marvelous. When I arrived at the memorial, I couldn’t believe that I’m in front of Lincoln memorial, because I’m really looking forward to visiting there the most on the trip. The memorial appearance is like a Greek shrine. In the memorial, there is a huge sitting Lincoln is 19 feet high. It took 4 years to make it. It was taller and inside was wider than I expected. I turned around, after I reached top steps of Lincoln Memorial. There is really wide view and side of reflecting pool, there are many green trees and there is the Washington Memorial stands in front of me. There are many buildings around Lincoln Memorial, but on the view, I could see only tree and Washington Memorial. When I saw this great view, I felt Lincoln is not only sitting there but also he is always watching American future.

The point of Martin Luther King, Jr
Maybe not only Lincoln, but also Martin Luther King, Jr. was also saw American future from this wonderful view. Martin Luther King, Jr. worked very hard for the Civil Rights Movement without violence. He fought against racial discrimination with only his action, on his speech. He gave a famous speech ‘I HAVE A DREAM’ in front of Lincoln Memorial. The place where he gave his speech was carved on the stone floor. I stood there, and imaged what he saw from that place. It gave me bravery because he accomplished his great job that changed history.

Through this trip, I was really excited and learned many things not only American about history but also about bravery and energy to accomplish something difficult. These moving experiences changed me to become brave and energetic person.