I really enjoyed my lunch at P.F. Chang's, Chinese Restaurant in downtown with my friends some days ago. And then during my time at the restaurant I learned a couple of importance cultural differences between Japan and America.
First, the behavior of the clerk was very friendly and gentle. I ordered "Crispy Honey Chicken." It uses special sauce, but I didn't know how to make it. Just then, the clerk made it for me with a smile on her face. It made me happy. Moreover she asked me whether or not it was good, when I was eating a meal. I haven't been asked such a thing in Japan. Almost all the clerks of Japan only serve meals to the customers. It was my first time to go to the American restaurant, but I came to like it.
Second, American restaurants have a special system called "a doggy bag." I was very surprised! Japanese restaurants don't have this system. In Japan, we can chose to eat all our meals or leave it at the restaurant. We can't take our meal out of the restaurant. The system of a doggy bag is very interesting for me. With this system, we don't waste our meal. It is a cool idea! I want to learn more cultural differences during my time in America.
| Yummy lunch! |
Second, American restaurants have a special system called "a doggy bag." I was very surprised! Japanese restaurants don't have this system. In Japan, we can chose to eat all our meals or leave it at the restaurant. We can't take our meal out of the restaurant. The system of a doggy bag is very interesting for me. With this system, we don't waste our meal. It is a cool idea! I want to learn more cultural differences during my time in America.