Wonderful characterization!!!

I am gradually getting used to living in America. Spokane is the good city, and all people are very kind. I love Spokane. I have found the differences between American people and Japanese people.

Amazing meeting
For example, American people speak more frankly compared with Japanese people. By speaking frankly, people can be understood easily. But almost all Japanese don’t do this. In my opinion, Japanese people are shy and they think speaking frankly is rude and it hurts others feeling. So, they speak in a roundabout way. Interestingly, in Kyoto, if a customer stay in a restaurant for a long time after they eat, a waiter give customers bubuzuke (Japanese tea). It means that the waiter want customers to leave. We have to notice that. If a waiter speak frankly to customers, sometimes customers may become uncomfortable. Therefore I think speaking in a roundabout way is good for people.

Another example, Japanese people tend to apologize sooner even when they should say "thank you." I also often say “sorry.” For example, when my friend bring a thing which I forgot, I say “sorry” before say “thank you.” This apology means “ I’m sorry to bother you” and “ Thank you very much to bring it to me.” I think Japanese people say “sorry” which also means “Thank you.” So they often say that. I think it is not good. Japanese people apologize too much. Although "sorry" have two meanings in Japan, we should say "thank you" clearly.

Though idea of between American and Japanese are entirely different and although sometimes someone may think other country’s behavior is strange, each idea is really good. Each idea has strong point. I respect both sides.