Whenever I go shopping in Spokane, I have many cultural observations. There are surprising and interesting. There was one particular event that was the most surprising.
 |
| Shopping Dog |
A month ago, I went downtown and I saw a woman who was walking her dog in the mall!! The walking dog looked like a customer! The clerks and other customers did not notice it and they exchanged greetings commonly with the woman. How amazing! I was really surprised about it because in Japan, dogs are not allowed to go in to any malls and any shops. After that experience, I often see some dogs in the malls and in the shops here in Spokane, even pet dogs. I do not think it is a bad thing but it is a not very good thing. I love dogs whereas some people do not like dogs so much, so people who take their dogs for a walk in the malls should be more careful with people who dislike dogs.
I think American people think their dogs are one of their family members or friends and not only just a pet. I can understand completely difference between America and Japan from this experience.