Funtastic Homestay

This weekend, I enjoyed staying with my host family for three days. The house is lovely, and they welcomed us kindly. I played board games, watched movies, went hiking, went to see the parade and cooked with them. It was very exciting.

Wonderful host family
While living at their home, I noticed different customs they have. I was surprised, because they took a shower in the morning. They didn’t do that in the evening. Japanese take a bath in the evening to freshen up before sleeping. My host mother said we want to be more fresh when we wake up in the morning. Learning was very interesting for me. Japanese people think it is not clean for them not to take a bath before sleep. And I noticed another way of thinking is different. American people say their opinions clearly. My host family says “No” if they don’t want to do something. On the contrary, we Japanese often give unclear answer like “so -so or maybe.” I think Japanese people don’t have any confidence to say their opinion. sometimes my roommate and I made our host family confused. Though it is not good for us, I can learn cultural difference.

Learning cultural difference is a good step to understanding another culture. It was good opportunity for me. It will be my best memory.