Active Classes in America

Everyday, I take classes at MFWI. I prefer taking classes in America because I feel Japanese class style seems to be boring. I have found several differences between Japanese classes and American classes.

Book club in Reading class
Japanese classes are more formal than Americans classes. For example, during the classes in Japan, students have to be quiet and concentrate while listening to the teacher's lecture. In addition, they are prohibited to eat and drink. There is hardly time for group activities and discussions. They always only listen to lectures passively and take notes clearly. This style of classes always made me very sleepy. I don't feel I participate in classes. On the other hand, the classes in America seem to be more casual than Japanese classes. I like all classes at MFWI. I can relax during the classes while drinking tea and coffee in classes. The method of American style of classes is that we can share our own opinion freely, think about topics together and ask questions to teachers whenever we want. I especially like book club in reading class. Reading books written in English is sometimes very difficult to understand, but we can talk about information about the stories and get member's opinions and impressions about the stories. This style of class is very fantastic and makes me feel more positive to study English.

I realized that the style of classes between Japan and America is pretty different. I feel it is a good experience for me to take classes in America. I'd like to enjoy my classes more.

Comments