Fantastic country

Exciting Zumba class with RA
I'm surprised, because there are many people here in the U.S.A, each with a different family background. It’s a wonderful thing for me to meet many international people here. There are many native Japanese in Japan, and I don’t often see mixed-race people around me.

I felt international atmosphere through experiences I had this week. For example, we had tutorial orientation by RAs last week, then they all talked about their family background. Many RA’s ancestors came from Europe, and some RAs came from Asian countries or other countries. I can’t get acquaint with someone who came from foreign country easily in Japan. I must wait for international students to come our campus, and it takes a long time it's happen in Japan.

Second, one day, I saw many international students at SFCC’s cafeteria with my friend. We enjoyed chatting well. Surprisingly, some Asian students were same table, and they were all her friends. I expected there are not many Asian people in U.S.A. I thought few Asian people live here and they are friendly to only same race people. However they are friendly to all races. This is interesting for me.

We'll go on home staying next month, and I might experience more international people. Before that, I try cultural observation in MFWI. For example, I'll ask RAs how do they think their countries. They are all so kind, so I prepare for ask questions.