Wonderful Easter

I had some awesome experiences on Easter. Easter day is not celebrated by most Japanese, so I didn't know about it. I think that this day was a great opportunity for me to learn about Easter. There were three marvelous things on my Easter day.


Delicious cookies
 First, I had a sweet movie time with some of my group and RA. Four member of my group had homestay, so the rest of them, my RA and I, watched "Beauty and the Beast" while eating snacks in the basement of our dormitory. It was a lovely and moving story, so I was moved to tears a little. Other members were, too. I was surprised at my friend, because she was moved to tears too much and mucus was running from her nose, but she was eating snacks. I thought she was interesting. The best part was that the beast changed to a mild-mannered man with a tender heart from a selfish and strict man. I have watched it about 5 times before. I try to watch it again and again, but it is splendid for me. I like this story very much. I wish I were in love such as this story. This story had a happy ending, so we also felt happy.

Second, I had a stunning cooking time with some of my group members and RA. We made a lot of chocolate tip cookies. I was surprised at 2 things. One is that we put white sugar and brown sugar in the cookies. In japan, we don't put brown sugar in the cookies. I don't know why Americans put two kinds of sugar into cookies. Another is that we didn't need to spread dough. We only put some dough like a small ball on a steel plate. When the cookies were baked, those spread and changed form from thick to thin. It was interesting for me and different from how Japanese make them. After making them, we ate the cookies. It was appetizing, so I ate a lot of cookies. I thought I overate, but I like chocolate tip cookies very much, so I was happy to eat those. Our cooking was very fun for me, and I enjoyed cooking with my friends.


Colorful Easter eggs
 Third, I experienced a delightful thing on Easter day. When some of my group members came back to our dormitory, one of them put a egg on the top of my head, and crashed this egg. The egg was broken and confetti of many colors appeared. I didn't understand what happened, but other members were laughing too much, so I was surprised. Then she said to me "Happy Easter~!" She made the eggs at her homestay. We got the eggs from her, and then we started an egg fight. I put and crashed the eggs on some friends and my RA, and them, too. We enjoyed this very much for about 30 minutes. I thought Easter is very funny and Americans, too. It was an irreplaceable time. After that we cleaned the floor in my dormitory, because there were too many tiny colorful papers on the floor. To clean up the floor was serious, because the papers were very tiny. It was a little late at night, so we couldn't use a vacuum-cleaner. I was very tired, but I enjoyed playing like a child with them.

I had a superb time. I enjoyed watching the movie, making cookies and the egg fight on Ester day, and I like those experiences very much. If I have an opportunity, I want to enjoy Easter again. Those experiences became an unforgettable memory for me.

Comments