![]() |
| Wonderful smiles |
I had a wonderful time on April 19. Many high school students came to MFWI from different schools in Spokane. Twelve students came to my Conversation class. We enjoyed three activities together.
First, we enjoyed introducing in ourselves. My teacher said “please say your name and favorite ice cream flavor”. When I heard that I called to mind only three flavors which are Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, but these high school students said a lot of flavors that I don't know. I guess there are more ice cream flavors in America than in Japan. Then we played a kind of game. We asked some questions each other to memorize our names. The question style is to ask some question to someone and write down their name if they come under that question. I talked with almost all the students, but it is difficult for me to memorize Americans name, because I'm not used to it. After this game I could remember only three names, but we enjoyed it very much. It was good game for people to remember names, except me!!!!!
Second, it was fun making some small groups and talking about many things. First person I talked to was Ronniesha. She is a very cute girl. She told me about her family, school life and so on. The most surprising thing is that she go to school by car. This is impossible in Japan, because almost all Japanese school prohibit students from commuting to school by car. We always go to school by train or bus. I noticed more differences between American and Japanese school when I talked with her. Students in Japanese high schools always wear their own uniform, but Americans don't. The another difference is the students can choose PE class or not. Usually we have to take PE class in Japan. It was very absorbing for me to hear her talking, because I could learn many things I didn't know.
Third, we appreciated eating lunch with them. Lunch was Yakisoba which is a kind of Japanese noodle dish and green tea ice cream. All of the students had never eaten them before, but they liked them. There was a surprising things again. Some of students could use chopsticks!!!! It was astonishing to me very much. I asked them why they can you use chopsticks. One of them answered “because I am Asian.” I felt there are many different people in America again. After we ate lunch, we talked about cellphones. Almost all of them pay their mobile bill themselves. I was impressed that about it, because most Japanese high school students don't pay their mobile bill themselves. I was so happy, because I could learn many things during lunch time.
These experiences became a wonderful memory for me. I had brilliant time and it was a wonderful opportunity for me to learn American cultures. I want to see them again!!!!!!!!

Comments