| Beautiful Easter Eggs |
I heard about the interesting story of Easter from my host family on Saturday. Easter means revival of Jesus Christ. He died on Friday, but he rose from the dead on Sunday. My high school was Catholic, so I learned this before, but I never celebrated the day in Japan. My host mother said "Christian go to church on Easter. Also, we usually go there. I used to be a Catholic. Catholic have to spend more time in church than Protestant. I was tired of going to church, so I decided not to go there." I was surprised about this. I thought all Christians has strong conviction, but if I were my host mother, I would feel the same. Anyway, I was glad to learn about Easter.
My host family and I prepared 2 fabulous Easter foods the day before. First, we made boiled eggs. Then we painted them. My host mother bought an egg coloring kit. We poured some color tablets, water and vinegar into cups. Then, we could make colored water. After that, we put an egg in the cup. Finally, we could make a lot of colored eggs into cups. These color were red, blue, green, yellow, orange and purple. Also, we drew pictures on these eggs. It was exciting! After that, we made many Easter cookies. We made the shape of baby birds, baby rabbits and lambs. Of course, they were tasty. Cookies were soft and sweet. I enjoyed a lot of fun things today.
| Exciting Easter egg hunting |
My first Easter was wonderful. I like this holiday. I want to do these things in Japan.
Comments