I had a great time with my host family from March 4th to 6th. I really enjoyed spending with them.
Friday was an exciting day. They promised to pick us up at 5:30 p.m. in front of our dorm, but my host family didn't come at all. We got nervous. At about 6:10 p.m., our group adviser came running to our dorm and she told us "Your host family can't come to this campus because their garage door broke down and they can't get their car out of the garage. When the garage door is fixed, she will call my cellphone and I'll call you. Please wait in your dorm. Sorry." We went back inside of our dorm and talked with our RA for about 40 minutes in a restive mood. At around 7:00 p.m., our host mother finally came to pick up us. I and my roommate felt relieved. At first, we drove to Papa John's Pizza and we bought 2 yummy-looking pizzas. American pizza is bigger than Japanese pizza. I have never seen such a big and thick pizza. Then we went to my host family's house. On arrival, my host daughter and brother came and suddenly banged up against us. They are powerful children. In contrast to them, their cat and dog are peaceful. My host mother showed us our room and the bathroom. Next, we baked the pizza in the oven and ate it with my host family and my host mother's boyfriend while we were watching her favorite movie. After finishing the movie, I went to bed. I felt I could make a good memory during my first day of home stay.| Delicious pizza |
| Great omlet and coffee |
On the next day, we had great experiences. In the morning I and my roommate were woken up by some noise. The noise was footsteps of our host children. They were running around on the second-floor since morning. They are really powerful kids! After we were ready to go, we went to Huckleberry's Natural Market to eat brunch. There are a lot of healthy foods in this store. My host mother recommended that I try an omelet so I ordered one. We could choose all ingredients, and chef made it in front of us. It was very absorbing for me. Of course, the omelet taste was wonderful. After eating, we went for a hike around Spokane River with the family's dog. The view from top of the rock was very beautiful and I was impressed because there were a lot of huge rocks and the river ran through the valley and the sun was shining. We went to another spot near the river and walked in the forest. My host mother likes this place because not many people are there and the view is wonderful. If she has a time, she always comes and feels relax. Today I paused to realize that Spokane has a lot of nature. When we went back to the house, my host brother's cat had ran away from the house! My host mother said that it had never went out from house before, but their garage door was damaged so it could run away. We looked for it all over the place for about 40 minutes, but we couldn't find out. When we were about ready to give up, my roommate shouted,"Come on!" She found the cat which stuck in the tree because it couldn't get off the tree!!! We were very happy that the cat came home! In the evening, we went to The Old Spaghetti Factory to eat dinner. I ate delicious lasagna. The restaurant atmosphere was very luxurious so I enjoyed the mood. After dinner, we went to a high hill to see the right view. We could see all of the Spokane and beautiful scenery. At 10 p.m., we came back home. On this day, I enjoyed a lot of precious experiences.
| My Awesome host family |
I had a great time with them. I love my host family so much. I'm looking forward to meeting them on Easter and during my host brother's birthday!
Comments