Great Easter Day

Cute Easter goods
Last weekend, I had a great time with my host family. My roommate and I were invited by them because it was Easter Day in America. In Japan, Easter Day isn't such a necessary event so I was looking forward to this day. I enjoyed 3 wonderful Easter activities with my host family.

On Saturday, I had a good time at
Walmart. My roommate, host mother and I went there to buy some things for Easter. I was surprised that there were many types of Easter's goods when I entered the store. For example, I saw some rabbit shaped of chocolates, stuffed rabbits, toys and balloons. We bought some jellybeans, eggs and chocolates for our host daughter and host son. They looked so delicious. I felt happy to come to this store because I've never seen such great Easter goods.

Cooking special dessert
After that, we did a lot of exciting Easter activities. First, we went to my host family's house. We made tacos which is a traditional Mexican dish and ate them outside like a picnic. The taste was wonderful! I like them! In addition, it was a grateful sunny day so I felt comfortable. After eating, we prepared Easter eggs while we watched "Conan" which is famous animation movie in Japan. We painted them with a lot of colorful dye and steckers. When I was a child, I used to paint them so it brought back my memories. At night, we made "Banana Flitters" which is Italian dessert. My host mother's boyfriend is an Italian chef so he taught us how to make them. They are easy to make so I could remember the recipe. We ate them while watching "Beauty and Beast" which is one of my favorite movies. The dessert was super delicious!! I spent a special Easter eve with my host family.

Fantastic Easter egg hunting
 The next day, I enjoyed an awesome Easter Day! In the morning, my roommate and host mother's boyfriend and I hid some Easter eggs in their yard. Some of the eggs were too difficult to find but others were easy to find. After hiding them, my host children started to find Easter eggs. It was competition so they tried to find them harder. The result of it was that my host son won. At around 11a.m., we went to church and listened to a message and drank some coffee. This time I could understand what he said more than before. I know that my listening skill is improved, so I was so happy. Then I went to our host grandmother's house. We made salad, ham, gratin and cookies for dinner. While waiting for dinner to finish, we played a game called "Apples to Apples". It's good game to learn English words so I enjoyed it. After this, we ate a dinner. It was so delicious especially the cookies. I enjoyed splendid Easter Day.
These event became good memories that will last me a lifetime. I really enjoyed these days because I spoke with my host family, learned about American Easter history and spent time with them. I like Easter Day!

Comments