Amazing Homestay!


Easter eggs in the garden
From April 22 to 24, I had a really special time at Easter with my host family, my roommate Mayo, and my housemate Natsuko and Mayu. This was my second time to stay their house. I was absolutely excited because I have never celebrated Easter day. I really looked forward to these three special days!

On Friday, I spent a wonderful time. My host mother, Susie picked us up after class at 5 pm. First, we went to gym. I enjoyed swimming pool, taking a Jacuzzi bath and sauna with them. Especially, I really enjoyed swimming because I haven't swum for a long time. Then, when I took a sauna, I talked with a woman who I met here. Surprisingly, she used to work at MFWI and come to Osaka to study Japanese. She talked a lot about her experience, which is very interesting for me. I had a really good time to talk with her. After that, I went back to their house and I cooked many kinds of dishes such as baked potatoes, scrambled eggs and hot dogs. Moreover, my host mother made a Mexican dish. It was really nice! We had a great dinner time with them. My host family already hosts two exchange students. They are the same age as us. One of them is Calvin from China. He goes to SFCC and he can speak English very well like an American. The other is Nic from Hong Kong. He goes to SCC to study business. He also can speak English well. We talked with him about many topics in English the whole time. He likes Japan, so he had been to Japan many times and he knows many Japanese famous people, so we talked about it excitedly. I enjoyed talking with him. It was also a really good opportunity to improve my English skill. I had wonderful time on this day.
My funny friends and host mom!

On Saturday, I also enjoyed doing a lot of thigs. First, we went to the discount clothes shop ROSS. This shop sells many kinds of goods at a low price. I bought a really cute pair of beach sandals and some daily necessities. After that we went downtown to have a lunch at Japanese restaurant Sushi.com. We ordered some sushi, tempura donburi, nabeyaki udon and yakitori. Needless to say, these were very yummy. I also enjoyed shopping downtown. I bought some cosmetics for my mother and some body cream for myself. Then my host mother took us to Asian market. There are many Asian food such as Korean, Chinese, and of course Japanese! I didn't mean to spend as much money as I did, but I bought many kinds of Japanese food. Then we came back to the house and we prepare for Easter. We made many Easter eggs by dying many eggs colorfully and decorated a garden with them and an Easter bunny doll. They looked so cute. I also made some baskets for their neighbor children. This day was kind of busy, but I obviously had a awesome day!

On Easter Sunday, we surely enjoyed the last day. In the morning, we went to two churches with neighbor children to celebrate Easter. The first one is very small but many people came there. I sang many songs with many people. The other is very big church. I also sang many songs there, watched a kind of drama comedies and I heard stories about Easter by a minister. The stories are very difficult for me, so It was hard to understand fully. Then, we had a special lunch for Easter at the house. I ate ham, potato salad, fruit salad, marshmallows and eggs. It was certainly very good. After that, we enjoyed card game called speed. We have the same game in Japan, so I could play well. I also enjoyed watching other people playing. I especially laughed at the battle between Susie and Nic. It was very funny. I had a really good time on my first Easter.

I had a really precious opportunity and enjoyed many things, especially Easter with many people just in three days. These days became definitely wonderful memory for me.

Comments