Wonderful Children

My cute pen pals
I had a wonderful time with my pen pals last Friday. In writing class, Ron took us to elementary school to meet our pen pals. I was really looking forward to meeting them, so I was excited while I rode in a van. The school is a little far and it took about thirty minutes. We got to the school and I was surprised at the differences between this school and Japanese elementary schools. There were fewer walls in this school than in Japanese schools, and there were a lot of large open spaces. Then we met them and we gave them our letters. My pen pals are two boys. I was a little nervous and I couldn't talk actively while they read my letter, because I worried about speaking English well. However, the more I talked to them, the more I could speak to them. We did some interesting activities in our free time. First, I taught them how to make a crane with origami. Both of them seemed to be interested in origami. I was relieved about that. Next, I showed them toys that looks Sushi. Of course they were not real ones, but toys. Finally, while eating lunch, we talked about many things, for example, pets, family and hobbies. After a short time, it was time to go back to our campus, so we said to the children "good bye". I couldn't speak well in English, but it was meaningful time for me.

Comments