Surprising Birthday

Great birthday cake and my RA
This year's March 14th was my greatest birthday experience. Every birthday in Japan, I can't meet my friends because it's during spring vacation. In addition, they forget my birthday because March 14th is White Day in Japan. However this year I received a lot of great things and words as my birthday presents from a lot of people. First, I received a cute pencil and my favorite chocolate from my teacher, Winnie and a letter from my teacher, Tim. To my joy, my teacher remembered my birthday. My conversation and reading classmates also sang a birthday song in class for me. My heart was leaping for joy. The day's dinner at Commons was only delicious salad bar. It was a very unusual dinner. I'm pleased to think that Commons chef celebrated with me. I was full of happiness because of these special things.

My surprising 2nd birthday party
After the dinner, there was another great experience. Suddenly, our second floor in Covington became empty. When I wondered where everyone was, one of my group members came to me and said "Come on into the kitchen!" When I went to the kitchen, my group members and my RA were there with birthday cake with candles on the top, and they sang to me, "Happy birthday to you ~ ♪" They had organized my birthday party in secret but I was vaguely aware of this party. I received the cake our RA bought and a card from my group. We moved to tutorial room and ate the cake. It was very delicious! We enjoyed that time so much. When we finished eating a marvelous cake, it was 7:30 p.m., during a usual tutorial time. my RA said "From now, we'll do grammar tutorial. I received a grammar DVD from Winnie. We have to watch it on the basement TV because this grammar tutorial is on DVD. We'll watch it together and answer the question. Please go back to your room and get a pen and dictionary." I did what she told us. While I was looking for my dictionary, my group members had already gone to basement and I became the final person to go there. When I opened the door of basement, the room was dark and I heard "Happy birthday to you ~ ♪" again!!! At first, I couldn't understand why they were singing a song again. I was confused because it was not grammar tutorial. In fact, this was my real birthday party and the previous one was a fake one to fool me. I received a cake made by my RA and a card again!!!! I hadn't expected that they would hold my 2nd birthday party. I really believed it was grammar tutorial because she made a fake DVD with "Grammar DVD, Winnie" written on it with paper look like a text. I thank you my kind group members and my RA.
My awesome group members and RA

Finally, there was one more great birthday present. After I took a bath, I found a letter on the door of my room with "Tomoko, Go to Kitchen!" written on it. I went to kitchen and found a letter again on the cupboard with "Open☆" on the letter. I opened it and there was a stuffed Winnie the Pooh animal and a letter!! It was final birthday present from my RA! I was inspired so much! 

Today I was surprised that my friends, teachers and my RA did great birthday parties many times for me. I've never experienced such an awesome birthday! Thank you everyone!!

Comments