I really took pleasure in my homestay last weekend. On Saturday, It was a first time to meet our host family except Terry, my host mother, because we met her during mach-up in Commons. I saw my host sister. Her name is Gelsey. She is very pretty and polite. She is 11 years old.We had busy and fun day on Saturday. First, we went to the state of Idaho. It was very exciting because I left the state of Washington! We saw a big river, and then went into a hotel. It was gorgeous. It was too expensive for me to buy anything there. We ate Mexican food for lunch. I ordered Nachos. Many Japanese people says they don't like Mexican food, but it was tasty and different from what I had expected. After lunch, We went to the Valley Mall. It was good. There were many lovely shops there. I bought 2 kind of clothes. Then in the evening, We went to The Garland Theater. We saw "Tangled." There were 2 surprising things at the theater. First, I could see an old movie at the theater. It was only $3.50. I think there is no such a theater in Japan. Fortunately, I had never seen this movie, so it was fantastic. Another surprising thing is that many American people is laugh during the movie is showing. Japanese people always are quiet even if the movie is funny. At first, I was not comfortable with this culture, but finally, I could laugh during the movie. This day was really exciting.
I also went to a lot of fabulous places on Sunday. First, we went to Mt. Spokane in the morning. The snow had not melted yet and I saw beautiful view on top of the mountain. I also saw a herd of deer in the forest. They were cute. After that, we went downtown. I rode on the merry-go-round. I was a little embarrassed because I am 19 years old and I am almost an adult, but finally I enjoyed it like a child. It is a speedy vehicle and we can catch some ring when we ride on a horse. It is not like this in Japan. I think it is high quality. I rode it 3 times. I want to ride it again! We also went to big book store and came back to our host family's house. We ate dinner while we watching a movie. The name of it is"National Treasure." As you can see, my Sunday was very wonderful.
When I came back to my dormitory, my host mother and sister hugged me. I was very happy. These 2 days were very valuable and fun days. I want to see my host family again!
| Pretty Host Daughter |
I also went to a lot of fabulous places on Sunday. First, we went to Mt. Spokane in the morning. The snow had not melted yet and I saw beautiful view on top of the mountain. I also saw a herd of deer in the forest. They were cute. After that, we went downtown. I rode on the merry-go-round. I was a little embarrassed because I am 19 years old and I am almost an adult, but finally I enjoyed it like a child. It is a speedy vehicle and we can catch some ring when we ride on a horse. It is not like this in Japan. I think it is high quality. I rode it 3 times. I want to ride it again! We also went to big book store and came back to our host family's house. We ate dinner while we watching a movie. The name of it is"National Treasure." As you can see, my Sunday was very wonderful.
When I came back to my dormitory, my host mother and sister hugged me. I was very happy. These 2 days were very valuable and fun days. I want to see my host family again!
Comments