Happy Hina Matsuri!

Pretty Hina Doll
Today I really enjoyed the Hina Matsuri, Doll Festival at Commons. A lot of young students came to this ceremony. Their smile made me happy. Also, I was glad to see Miss Tokushimacome as special guest! Hina Matsuri is a very famous traditional festival in Japan. It is held on March 3 to pray for young girl's growth and happiness. I was excited that there are a lot of beautiful Hina dolls on the stage in Commons. Most families with girls display them at home. Together with other students we sang "Ureshii Hina Matsuri" and "Haru ga Kita." When I sang these song, I missed my childhood days! Also, I participated in the skit "Doll Ambassadors" with my Barbara's students. I had to do the narration for the story. I was so nervous though my narration part is only three sentences because there are many people in front of me! I don't like to speak in front of a large audience, but the performance went off well thanks to Barbara and my friends. If I get such a opportunity again, I will try to do it! This experience confirmed to me that the Japanese culture has a special beauty.

Comments