Unforgettable MFWI life


I really had a delightful time from September to December at MFWI because I think I could experience many kinds of American culture. This valuable experience would not have been possible without a lot of help from people around me, I think. I think time flashed by. I have three big impressions of my MFWI life.

First, I had a great time on Thanksgiving day. My host family invited me and my roommate to joined them. I and my roommate visited all of relatives house with them. I thought it's big party because some neighbors came to their house. I and my roommate was very surprised because the table was spread with many dishes, so we were in high spirits. The turkey had a good taste and pumpkin pie was sweet! After dinner, I played guitar game on TV. I like it because it was very interesting for me! I really enjoyed talking with their many relatives about each other, so I was very excited!

Secondly, I had a pleasant time with my pen pals in Conversation class. I have met them twice so far. They are very funny, talkative and kind. I talked with them about many things, for example, each other, Halloween and Christmas. I gave them some candy and some chocolate as a Christmas present at JCC on December 7. They gave me some chocolate, Kitty socks, a bag, a necklace and a pencil. I like them, so I think when I go back to Japan, I want to meet them. I was very glad because they told me that I send e-mail. I'll meet my another pen pal in Writing class on December 14. I have never met them, so I'm looking forward to meeting them and I want to talk with them about many things.

Finally, the marvelous snow that began recently also has impressive met. I don't remember the first snow of the year. The ground was covered with snow and I walked on a snowy road every day. The snows began to melt recently, so I sometimes slip on the ice. I was excited because I have never lived in minus degree place but I don't think I want to make a snowman because it's too cold! The temperature was about 3 degrees below zero recently. I like winter and snow because my birthday is February. It was very cold for me outside but it was beautiful and amusing every day!

I think it was good for me to study abroad at MFWI because I could meet many teacher and I could experience many valuable things and I think I learned many things and improved my English. I'm thankful for my family, my teachers and my RA. This study abroad program will always remain in my memory.

Comments