Two Really Exquisite Days


I spent a really wonderful Thanksgiving day on November 25. This time, I went to different host family's house. At 10 o'clock, my new host family picked me, my roommate and two other students up took us their house. When we arrived at the house, the preparation for the turkey had already begun. The scent of delicious foods pervaded the room. Then, the table setting was done. Everyone sitting around the table and we said what we were thankful for one by one. I had never said my feeling of gratitude into words before so it become a very good experience for me. After that, we ate turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, sarad and finally was pumpkin pie there and everyone sing some Christmas songs. I had a very good time on this day.

On Friday, we enjoyed decorating the house for Christmas. First, I took the ladder, leamed it against the house and installed the light. Then, I went up the tree, and the light was turned on. The trunk abstracted the light and it was very difficult to turn on the light. After that, we had a break time so we started snowball flight with my host family's son Nate! He is 21 years old and he can play some instruments. He is so funny. It was very enjoyable to do serious game after a long snowball flight. Finally, my host father put on the tree Christmas ring. It was hard work a little bit but very fun!

In American study class we talked about which holiday we enjoyed most Thanksgivingday or Ner Year's day. I like both, but I like New Year's day little better. I am looking forward to celebrating New Year's day in Japan.

Comments