The first thing that impressed me was sports. I played an American football game in American studies class. At that time, I played as a receiver, and the playing was not easy and our team lost. I could be excited. However when I watched American foot ball game on TV on Thanksgiving day, I found it has not only cheerfulness but also danger. I thought American sports are violent, because I heard about ice hockey game from my friend. I heard there are a lot of fight during the game. American football games have fighting too. It is not the scuffle sport, but I saw some American sports fight on TV. Of course there are some fight on Japanese TV sport. However it is rare. For Americans, fighting might be usual but for me, it is little rare. However I think some fight are also the highlight of the match, so I want to see the live sport games in America and I want to experience more American sports.
Finally, I was impressed by the differences between American style and Japanese style classes. I was confused to find different style in Japan because the classes are fewer people system and do not see participation. In Japan, if I attend class, some teacher will award me a good class score. In America, if I have class attendance and I don't give my opinion or don't volunteer, every teacher will not award a good class score. However I came to like the American style class when I became accustomed to the style. After I return to Japan, my volunteer mind will remain in my brain and body so I think I will be able to say my opinion more easily.
I experience some culture shock from small things to big things. They are various from things I have already known to things I learned first. They are not related to I know or don't know, I enjoyed living them because they are almost all first experience. This study abroad program is for about only 4 month, but these experiences hereafter will affect and help on my life.
Comments