Marvelous Thanksgiving day


I spent wonderful Thanksgiving day with my host family. Thanksgiving day is famous holiday in America so I was looking forward to coming the day. I went to my host family's house. I ate turkey, mashed potato, stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry souse, gravy, 4 kind of pie. All the dishes were so delicious so I was really happy. Before we ate the meal, we prayed hand in hand so my host father said to Got "Thank you for many things" Then I thought that this is American culture. My host father is teacher so he has a wide circle of acquaintances. 3 Chinese students and 4 Saudi Arabian students were invited to the house, so I could speak to people from other countries which was such a valuable experience. Gonzaga University's teacher came also then I talked her about my studying abroad. She gave me some advise and told about Spokane. I knew many things thanks to her. Hers husband is so kind too. They said they will takes us somewhere. I was glad to hear that. I'm looking forward to seeing them next time. After eating Thanksgiving meal we played card game. It was brain game which was difficult for me. However everyone helped me so I could understand and enjoy it. After playing card game we said "What are you thankful for" one by one. I was thankful for my family, my friends and study abroad program. My host family said "I'm thankful for meeting you." When I heard that I felt warm. I really thought that I was happiness to meet them.

Though on this day I thought that Thanksgiving day is very nice because the day many relatives can gather and we can eat delicious food with them. It is so wonderful time. Most American live apart from their parents so the day that they gather is very important. We could notice that I was happy now by saying thankful for what. It is a good opportunity to say "thank you" for dearest people.

I thought that I was happy to spend the day with my host family. I could learn a lot of American culture and meet great person. I want to introduce this great American culture to Japanese. I had a very good time on Thanksgiving day. Thank ful for meeting them.

Comments